Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A - IoT Managed Services: Kore has acquired Integron, an Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and managed services provider (MSP) focused on the connected health market.
- change their architectural style to microservices/serverless;
- use Agile software development approaches;
- adapt fresh DevOps processes; and
- select the right hyperscale cloud platform.
3. Talent - MSP Automation Tools: BitTitan has hired Microsoft, Salesforce and Ingram Micro veteran James Clifford as EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) sales director.
4. Talent - Network Performance Monitoring: AppNeta has promoted:
- Amanda Bohne to chief marketing officer;
- Mark Riendeau to senior VP of global sales; and
- Michael Mattei to VP of enterprise sales.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. HP Partner Financing and Recurring Revenues: HP Inc. has expanded its financing and leasing options for channel partners and customers. The effort includes a relationship with HPE Financial Services (HPEFS) and a new strategic program with DLL Group. The result: HP Integrated Financial Solutions will "help accelerate and enhance the financing experience for customers and enable channel partners to grow their services-based businesses," the company says. The move could assist VARs and MSPs that increasingly sell everything as a service -- including hardware. HP plans to extend the multi-vendor model in 2020 with the addition of new local and regional finance partners to ensure country coverage across emerging markets, the company says.
2. Veeam Partner Program: Veeam Software has launched the Veeam Accredited Services Partner (VASP) program. The backup and disaster recovery (BDR) company has aggressively promoted cloud data management solutions in recent months to counter upstarts such as Cohesity and Rubrik. Related Conference: The VeeamOn20 conference is confirmed for May in Las Vegas.
3. Talent and Partner Program: Hammerspace, a multi-cloud data management software company, has unveiled the Hammerspace Channel Program (HCP). The company has also hired Cohesity, EMC and NetApp veteran Joe Barnes to build and drive the partner program.
5. Public Cloud Services: NTT and Microsoft have inked a multi-year strategic alliance to help customers accelerate their digital transformations. The alliance will bring together NTT’s ICT infrastructure, managed services and cybersecurity expertise, with Microsoft’s cloud platform and AI technologies, the companies say. NTT and its business units earned Top 200 Public Cloud MSP and Top 200 MSSP honors for 2019.
6. MSP Software Integration: EventTracker, a SOC as a Service (SOCaaS) platform from Netsurion, now integrates with Kaseya’s IT Glue. The move provides Netsurion’s MSP partners with “easy access to streamlined reports designed to demonstrate security and compliance posture to customers,” the company says.
7. Intellectual Property Protection: Tech Data has joined the AGMA, a non-profit organization solely focused on intellectual property protection. Tech Data is the first distributor to join the AGMA. The mission: Hinder threats to IP and render these activities more difficult, undesirable and unprofitable, the organizations say. Apollo Global Management, a private equity firm, is in the process of acquiring Tech Data for $6 billion.
8. Distribution: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Atos cybersecurity solutions in the United States. The offerings include the Atos Evidian identity and access management products along with management tools for data encryption and digital identities.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].