5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 10 January 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, January 10, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – Distributor Bidding War: The top bidder to buy Anixter is now Wesco, which placed a $4.5 billion bid for the distributor. Private equity firm CD&R has also been bidding to buy Anixter, and now has about four days to place a counter offer for Anixter, according to Anixter.
2. M&A – Data Centers: Macquarie Group has acquired Australian data center provider AirTrunk for A$3 billion (US$2.1 billion), according to a report. This is M&A deal number 34 that ChannelE2E has tracked so far this year. Track and search our list of M&A deals here.
3. M&A – Management Consulting: Private equity firm CIP Capital has invested in Sales Benchmark Index (SBI), a management consulting firm focused on sales, pricing, marketing, product management and HR know-how. Financial terms were not disclosed. CIP Capital invests in middle-market companies with business information and technology-enabled services expertise.
4. MSSP Funding: Abacode, a Top 200 MSSP in Tampa, Florida, has raised $4.85 million in Series A funding to expand its sales, security operations center (SOC) and project execution teams. The lead funder is Ballast Point Ventures.
5. Distribution – Breakup: Synnex plans to separate into two publicly traded companies. The first is Synnex Technology Solutions for IT distribution, and related services. The second is Concentrix for CX solutions. Synnex shareholders will own shares of both firms. The move more easily positions Synnex to sell one or both business units to private equity or another distributor, ChannelE2E believes.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].