5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 07 January 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 7, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – SAP Partner: Accenture has acquired Maihiro, an SAP Gold Partner in Munich, Germany.
2. M&A – MSSP: Broadcom is selling Symatec’s MSSP business to Accenture.
3. M&A – Enterprise Business Continuity: Compuware has completed the buyout of INNOVATION Data Processing, a mainframe-focused backup and disaster recovery (BDR) software provider.
4. M&A – Private Equity and MSPs: The latest two deals involving private equity and MSPs involve One Equity Partners investing in CDI LLC, and Trinity Hunt Partners acquiring Datarprise. Next up, Dataprise will pursue MSP acquisitions, CEO David Eisner tells ChannelE2E.
5. SMB Strategy – Mike Bloomberg: U.S. Presidential Candidate Mike Bloomberg has unveiled initiatives to support small businesses and entrepreneurship across the country. The effort also seeks to ensure that “all entrepreneurs, particularly women, minorities, and veterans, receive fair access to the support, capital, and resources they need to thrive,” according to a statement from Bloomberg’s campaign.
6. Sustainability Cloud: Salesforce Sustainability Cloud, a carbon accounting product for businesses to drive climate action, is now generally available.
B. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cisco Systems – Customer Experience: Cisco is “doubling down” on customer experience initiatives with partners, according to Bryan Bedford, a global partner sales lead at the networking giant.
2. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].