5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 06 March 2020
Here are five (actually far more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, March 6, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Coronavirus – Tech Conference Cancelation List: See it here.
3. Tech Data Earnings: The distributor’s financial results for its fiscal Q4 2020 included:
- Net sales of $10.3 billion, down 1 percent
- Net imcome of $149.1 million, up 28 percent.
The results surface as Tech Data prepares to go private and shift to private equity ownership.
4. Talent: High-profile Cisco Systems veteran David Goeckeler has joined Western Digital as CEO.
5. Talent – Startup Investments: Accenture has hired Silicon Valley entrepreneur Tom Lounibos as an Accenture Ventures as managing director. Also, former entrepreneur, technology executive and investment banker Jake Kaldenbaugh is now managing director, overseeing the venture arm’s global investment strategy.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Google Cloud, 5G and Telecom Services: Google Cloud has unveiled a mobile edge cloud strategy to accelerate 5G monetization. Ket partners incoude AT&T, Vodafone, Wind Tre, Amdocs and Netcracker.
2. AWS – Managed Data Lakes: Mission, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP, is now the exclusive certified AWS SMB Reseller of Cloudwick‘s Amorphic – a fully-managed unified data and analytics platform for AWS data warehousing, data lake, lake house, machine learning and artificial intelligence, the companies say.
3. Microsoft Azure MSPs: Logicalis Group has achieved Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP) status, one of 65 firms globally to achieve such accreditation out of more than 60,000 cloud partners, the MSP says.
4. Partner Program – DevOps: Sonatype says its EMEA and International channel partner program grew more than 100 percent in revenue over the last three years. Actual dollar figures were not disclosed, however.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- HIMSS (March 9-13, Orlando, Florida) – canceled amid coronavirus concerns
- SaaStr (March 10-12, San Jose, California) – coronavirus precautions
- Aruba Atmosphere20 (March 22-27, Las Vegas) — online only; face-to-face canceled
- Nvidia GPU Tech Conference (March 22-26) — online only; face-to-face canceled
- Adobe Summit 2020 (March 29-April 2) — online only; face-to-face canceled
- Google Cloud Next 2020 (April 6-8) — online only; face-to-face canceled
- Complete list of conference cancelations/postponements due to coronavirus concerns – updated daily
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].