5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 06 December 2021
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, December 6, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology Industry News
1. MSP CEO, Owner Runs For Governor: Nick Hess, owner of SureTec IT and SureTel, is running for governor in Oregon…
2. M&A Rumor – Private Equity and Software AG: CVC Capital Partners, Silver Lake Management and Thoma Bravo are among the private equity firms weighing bids for Germany’s Software AG, according to Bloomberg.
3. Partnership – Endpoint Detection and Response: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has incorporated the Kognos into its service offering. This relationship expands the GuardSight offering by enhancing its EDR and service offering, the two companies said.
4. SaaS-based AIOps: Micro Focus has released Operations Bridge – SaaS, an on-demand version of the company’s AIOps software platform.=
5. Alibaba CFO: China’s e-commerce and cloud giant Alibaba is appointing a new chief financial officer and reorganizing its e-commerce businesses amid a regulatory crackdown in the technology industry, The Associated Press reported. Alibaba’s stock has plummeted in recent months amid a rout in China-based Internet stocks, The Wall Street Journal notes. Alibaba Cloud competes against Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud in multiple regions.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Avaya Engage (December 12-16, Orlando, Florida)
- Citrix Field Kickoff 2022 (January 10-12, Nashville, Tennessee)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (January 26-27, Virtual)
- RSA Conference (February 7-10, San Francisco)
- NerdioCon 2022 (February 21-23, Cancun, Mexico)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.