5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 05 April 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 5, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Datto Commerce Expands: The sales quoting, proposal and e-commerce storefront software is now available for MSPs in North America. Here’s what MSPs need to know about Datto Commerce.
2. IT Monitoring Software: Syxsense has released Server and Device Monitoring for Syxsense Secure customers. Syxsense Secure offers workflows to monitor the CPU, RAM and disk space usage, and associated performance issues.
3. MSP Insurance: Inskyber has launched an insurance brokerage that offers “insurance solutions for an MSP, by an MSP.”
4. Partner Program – Samsung: The company has updated its Ascend Partner Portal—which is Samsung’s ‘one-stop-shop’ for channel partners to access sales programs and partner resources. The portal now features personalized viewing options, automated marketing capabilities, and a greater focus on partner rewards and incentives.
5. Partnership – 5G Networks: Verizon Business and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are expanding their 5G wireless network collaboration to deliver private mobile edge computing (MEC) to enterprise customers in the U.S. The effort is designed for customers that want a “completely dedicated edge compute infrastructure on-premise that enables ultra-low latency, higher levels of security and deeper customization,” Verizon asserts.
6. Unified Communications: Granite Telecommunication has launched Granite Merged Voice, a communications suite that includes such capabilities as POTS, Emulated POTS, SIP Trunking, Direct Routing, Hosted PBX, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS).
7. LG Closing Smartphone Business: South Korea’s LG Electronics will wind down its money-losing mobile division after failing to find a buyer, a move that is set to make it the first major smartphone brand to completely withdraw from the market, Reuters reports.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Fortinet Cloud Security Summit 2021 (April 6-7, Virtual)
- Datasphere 2021: Seagate Conference (March 30, Virtual)
- Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Unveiled (April 22, Webcast)
- Red Hat Summit 2021 (April 27-28, Virtual)
- QuoteWerks User Summit 2021 (April 28-30, Virtual Event)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here