5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 04 February 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, February 4, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
2. M&A – MSP and Telecom: Lingo Communications, a cloud and managed service provider (MSP) focused on SMB unified communications, has acquired selected customers from Blue Casa Telephone.
4. M&A – Configure-Price-Quote: Cognizant has acquired Code Zero Consulting, a privately-held provider of consulting and implementation services for cloud-based Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) and billing solutions. The acquisition further strengthens Cognizant’s cloud solutions portfolio and Salesforce CPQ and billing capabilities, the companies say. Financial details were not disclosed.
5. M&A – Storage Management: Quantum is acquiring the ActiveScale object storage business from Western Digital Technologies, a subsidiary of Western Digital Corp. Financial terms were not disclosed.
6. Talent – IT Services – CEO Change: TSR, an IT staffing and services provider, has named Thomas Salerno as acting CEO. Effective as of January 27, 2020, Christopher Hughes, CEO and treasurer, began a temporary leave of absence, the company says. The announcement comes amid a recent battle for control of the company.
7. Potential IPOs – Business Software, Automation: Work management software startup Asana, launched by a Facebook co-founder, said it confidentially filed to register its shares for a public listing that would avoid a traditional initial public offering, Bloomberg reports. MSP-focused technology provider Datto is rumored to be considering a similar move.
8. eDiscovery – Upgrade: Mimecast has upgraded Mimecast Case Review with a new user interface that’s designed to simplify eDiscovery services.
9. eDiscovery Managed Services: Epiq has launched enhanced suite of eDiscovery managed services solutions.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. TPx Managed Network Services: TPx Communications has announced general availability of MSx Networks, a managed service offering for WiFi, security, software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) and switching systems.
2. SMB Loans: Goldman Sachs is in discussions with Amazon to offer small-business loans through Amazon’s e-commerce platform, Bloomberg reports.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar