Here are five (actually far more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, March 3, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A - Veeam Buyout: Insight Partners has completed its $5 billion buyout of Veeam. Here's What's Next.
2. M&A - SMB Web Services: Redbrick has acquired Leadpages, uniting two companies that offer Web services to SMB customers.
3. M&A - SMB Voice Services: Moneypenny has acquired VoiceNation, a bilingual live-answering provider and Ninja Number, a business phone app that provides a virtual phone system for entrepreneurs. Moneypenny is a UK-based provider of web chat, answering services and outsourced switchboards for small and large businesses.
4. Cloud Management: Mission, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP, has launched Mission Cloud Foundation, a cloud management service combining Mission’s certified AWS experts, cloud optimization tools, and proven methodologies to deliver businesses greater visibility and control over the AWS environments they manage today, the company says. Mission Cloud Foundation is a no-cost, value-added service that augments a customer’s AWS environment by simplifying cost management and billing, improving governance, and broadening support for different cloud initiatives, Mission adds.
5. Talent -- AWS Sales Staff: Amazon plans to double its AWS sales staff in 2020 amid heightened competition from Microsoft Azure, The Information reports.
6. Cloud Management - Government Compliance: CloudCheckr Federal has achieved the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Ready designation, and is now listed in the FedRAMP Marketplace.
B. Strategic Alliances and Partnerships
1. Data Centers: ServerFarm, a California-based data center developer, and NYI, which provides managed hybrid IT solutions, have partnered to support the rapid growth of latency-sensitive applications in the Chicago area related to edge, IoT, AI and 5G, Connect Chicago reports.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Zendesk Relate 2020 (March 3-5, Miami, Florida) – coronavirus precautions
- HIMSS (March 9-13, Orlando, Florida) – coronavirus precautions
- SaaStr (March 10-12, San Jose, California) – coronavirus precautions
- Aruba Atmosphere20 (March 22-27, Las Vegas) -- there is a report that Aruba parent HPE has canceled all tech conferences through April 2020.
- Nvidia GPU Tech Conference (March 22-26) -- face-to-face canceled -- now online only
- Adobe Summit 2020 (March 29-April 2) -- face-to-face canceled -- now online only
- Google Cloud Next 2020 (April 6-8) -- face-to-face canceled -- now online only
- Bonus: Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].