5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 02 September 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 2, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. MSPs – Remote Support and Augmented Reality (AR): ServiceNow’s investment in CareAR reveals how remote IT and customer support may evolve.
2. M&A -Switching and Routing: Ciena is acquiring AT&T’s Vyatta virtual routing and switching technology. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
4. Talent – Workflow Automation Software: ServiceNow has hired Salesforce, Apple and Microsoft veteran Jon Sigler to lead the company’s Now Platform product organization.
5. High Performance Computing (HPC) as a Service: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has won a $2 billion, 10-year HPC contract with the National Security Agency (NSA). Under terms of the deal, the NSA will leverage HPE GreenLake as a service. HPE did not mention whether third-party MSPs or IT consulting firms are involved in the deal.
6. Nutanix Quarterly Financial Results: The hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) technology company announced quarterly results for the three months ended July 31, 2021. Key Nutanix financial metrics included:
- Total revenue of $390.7 million, compared to $327.9 million for the corresponding period last year.
- A net loss of $358.2 million, which was nearly twice as large as the $185.3 million net loss from the corresponding quarter last year.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Automation Anywhere Channel Chief: Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software provider Automation Anywhere has hired Salesforce, Oracle and Siebel veteran Ben Yerushalmi as senior VP of global alliances and channels.
2. Integration – MSP Software: Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud software now integrates with CloudBlue PSA, a professional services automation software platform that’s backed by Ingram Micro. The integration surfaces roughly two months after Acronis CEO Patrick Pulvermueller vowed to “redefine” how MSPs leverage PSA and RMM (remote monitoring and management) software.
3. ServiceNow Partner: DxSherpa Technologies has achieved Premier ServiceNow partnership status in the United States. Previously, DxSherpa had operated as a Premier Partner in global markets, but now has gained authorization from ServiceNow to provide planning and implementation services, staff augmentation services, and product resale in the US, the company says.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Lenovo Tech World 2021 (September 8, Virtual)
- Barracuda Secured.21 (September 14-16, Virtual)
- Nutanix .Next 2021 (September 20-23, Virtual)
- Salesforce Dreamforce (September 21-23, Hybrid)
- BigBig from Taylor Business Group (September 23-35, Arizona)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.