5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 02 June 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, June 2, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. MSP Executive Leadership: Logicalis US has named Mohammed Ibrahim as VP of managed services. Ibrahim now oversees a team of 285 operations experts, comprised of help desk, engineering support teams, and solutions architects.
2. Accenture Executive Leadership: Accenture named Jack Azagury as group chief executive – Strategy & Consulting. Azagury now leads the $15 billion Strategy & Consulting service, which includes Accenture’s industry, enterprise functions, applied intelligence, innovation and corporate strategy practices, Accenture noted. A 26-year veteran of Accenture, Azagury is a member of the company’s Global Management Committee, the company added.
3. UiPath Quarterly Financial Results & Earnings: UiPath revenue was $245.1 million in Q1 of fiscal 2023, up 32 percent compared to Q1 of fiscal 2022. Also, net loss was $122.6 million — smaller than the $239.6 million net loss from the corresponding quarter last year. The figures generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
4. HPE Quarterly Financial Results & Earnings: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) revenue was $6.7 billion in Q2 of fiscal 2022, essentially flat compared to the corresponding quarter last year. Net earnings were $250 million, down from $259 million in Q1 of fiscal 2022. HPE also warned of supply chain challenges for the remainder of this year.
5. Distribution – eCommerce: Tech Data India, part of TD SYNNEX, has launched a B2B eCommerce platform called PEER CONNEXIONS. Channel partners will have access to:
- Detailed technical, commercial information and product catalogues
- Pricing and inventory status
- Wide range of promotions and special price offers
- Ability to register, transact on a common platform
- 24×7 Availability
- Source and sell services
- Loyalty benefits
- Many other functionalities
6. Toshiba Buyout Offers: Toshiba, the troubled Japanese conglomerate exploring strategic options, said it has received eight initial proposals to take it private as well as two proposals for capital alliances that would see it remain listed, Reuters reported.
7. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Startup: AgreeYa Solutions has launched HuLoop Automation. HuLoop is a new software company that promotes BeatBlip, which enables business process automation (BPA), RPA and software test automation (STA).
8. Sumo Logic Executive Leadership: The cloud-based SIEM and SOAR provider has named:
- Zakir Ahmed, managing director of APAC and international market strategy
- Steve Doyle, SVP of global sales strategy and operations
- Timm Hoyt, SVP of global channels and alliances
- Russell Rosa, SVP of America sales
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- Extreme Networks Connect 2022 (June 6-9, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Cisco Live 2022 (June 12-16, Las Vegas)
- Kaseya Connect IT (June 20-23, Las Vegas)
- Our Conference: MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.