5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Tuesday 01 December 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, December 1, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
2. Talent: Web.com Group has hired Paula Drum as chief growth officer, reporting directly to President and CEO Sharon Rowlands. Drum is responsible for leading the Web.com Group marketing team, as well as driving new customer acquisition, customer retention and cross-selling across Web.com Group’s brands and services, the company says.
3. M&A – Private Equity: Vista Equity Partners has acquired Gainsight, a customer success software company that has been venture-backed since 2013. Vista Equity Partners is a familiar name within and across the IT channel. The private equity firm also owns stakes in Datto, Infoblox, Jamf, and LogicMonitor, among many others.
5. AWS Partner & MSP Updates: Track this live blog covering AWS re:Invent 2020 for ongoing cloud partner updates…
6. Research – Shadow IT and MSPs: NinjaRMM’s findings are here.
7. Partnership – IT Cost Management: Apptio has expanded its integrated tools with Atlassian. Apptio already leverages a connection to Jira to ingest Atlassian customer data on Projects, Issues, Sprints, and Users into its Cost Transparency application. The connection allows joint customers to marry these “work” costs with the supporting resources, technology, and infrastructure costs to “gain a full picture of their project and product development spending,” the companies say. The expanded relationship involves Apptio Cloudability and Atlassian’s Jira Software and Jira Service Management. In the coming weeks, joint customers will be able to act on Cloudability optimization recommendations directly within Jira Software and Jira Service Management and view the resulting cost savings in Cloudability, the companies add.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Event Calendar
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2020 Virtual (November 30-December 18)
- SAP TechEd 2020 (December 8-10)
- Citrix Summit 2021 (January 12-14)
- Subsurface Live Winter 2021 Data Lake Conference (January 27-28)
- Avaya Engage 2021 (February 7-10, Orlando)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here