Live Blog: ConnectWise IT Nation 2017
Wednesday, November 8
1. Overall ConnectWise Strategy: You’ll find the clues here. We’ll also be meeting with key ConnectWise CXOs & product leaders throughout the next few days to give you more perspectives on the company’s direction.
2. New Leadership: New Webroot CEO Mike Potts will likely surface at the show with VP Charlie Tomeo — the person widely credited with building out Webroot’s successful MSP partner program.
3. Managed Security Services: Watch for multiple security companies to announce integrations with ConnectWise Manage (PSA) and/or ConnectWise Automate (RMM). Among the integrations surfacing at the show: AlienVault and Arctic Wolf Networks, respectively. ConnectWise has quietly been building out a more formalized MSSP partner and integration strategy since last year’s IT Nation.
4. Deja Vu: eFolder CEO Matt Nachtrab & Chief Revenue Officer Adam Slutskin will be in the house. It’s a homecoming of sorts, considering both executives are ConnectWise veterans. Nachtrab and Slutskin are busy managing the eFolder-Axcient merger. We’ll ask for an update…
5. Cisco Systems Partnership, Part 2: During last week’s Cisco Partner Summit 2017, the main stage keynote mentioned only two strategic partners — Google Cloud Platform and ConnectWise. It was a big moment for MSPs and the SMB sector. The ‘new’ Cisco-ConnectWise partnership has been under development since at least April 2017. It has involved several high-level meetings between the companies, along with software development to launch ConnectWise Unite with Cisco — a single dashboard that allows MSPs to manage Cisco’s various services.
6. ConnectWise Unite: Speaking of ConnectWise Unite, keep a very close eye on that brand…
7. Rise of MSSPs: Several MSSPs will be on hand for the conference. Names to know include Compuquip Cybersecurity — which is led by the brothers who gave you BrightGauge. Oh, and don’t forget Infogressive, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017 that recently hired Amy Luby to drive more MSP engagements.
8. Datto’s Final IT Nation Encore?: Is this the last time Datto attends IT Nation? Could be. The data protection & networking company will merge with ConnectWise rival Autotask later this quarter. Just to make things extra interesting, DattoCon18 and ConnectWise Automation Nation (for RMM customers) are set for the same week in 2018. In the meantime, Datto continues to improve its ConnectWise integrations. And the two companies have vowed to continue working together, even as they eventually compete in the PSA and RMM software markets. We expect to catch up with Datto VP Rob Rae during this week’s event. Stay tuned for a recap later in this blog…
9. New Integrations: Numerous companies have announced new ConnectWise integrations, and many will demonstrate them during the conference. MSPs should double-check to see whether the integrations work with ConnectWise Manage (PSA), ConnectWise Automate (RMM) or both. The new integrations include:
- AppRiver, a cloud-based cybersecurity and productivity services provider, announced a new integration with ConnectWise to help partners build, manage and grow their business. Related: AppRiver podcast about Office 365 monetization strategies.
- Auvik Networks and IT Glue are integrating with one another on the networking monitoring/documentation front.
- Barracuda MSP, which offers security, backup and business continuity solutions for MSPs.
- Pax8, the cloud-centric value added distributor, has a new integration.
10. MSP Standard Operating Procedures: BitTitan will demonstrate several new automated Runbooks in MSPComplete. The MSPComplete Library is a centralized collection of SOPs (standard operations procedures) and IT documentation that enable service providers to launch services to cut costs, save time, and deliver more consistent, streamlined experiences for their customers, the company asserts. Also this week, watch for MSPComplete to intro new ways to easily migrate on-premises Exchange enterprises to a hybrid model, the company says.
11. MSP Billing: Online billing portal specialist Datagate Innovation has launched a cloud service to enable flexible telecommunication and utility billing for MSPs that use ConnectWise, Datagate said.
Thursday, November 9
1. Arnie Bellini’s Keynote: ConnectWise’s CEO takes the stage at 8:00 a.m. ET. We moved live analysis to the top (page one) of this blog entry.
2. Stay tuned for more updates: We’ve got several meetings set for Thursday.
Friday, November 10
1. Coming Soon: Author Patrick Lencioni’s keynote: No doubt, the team building theme will grab an even brighter spotlight during this session.
2. BOOM! Ask Them Anything: Join ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini, HTG Peer Groups CEO Arlin Sorensen, Service Leadership CEO Paul Dippell and TruMethods CEO Gary Pica for the ultimate leadership panel — moderated by ChannelE2E. We kick off Friday, 12:45 p.n. in Bayhill 17-18. We’ll cover the state of the market, IT service provider profitability, MSP evolution, 2018 strategies and anything else you’d like to cover.
3. Stay tuned for more updates: We’ve got several meetings set for Friday.