ConnectWise IT Nation: 30 Managed Services Meeting Recaps for MSPs
Welcome to page two for meeting recaps 21 through 30
21. Webroot: CEO Mike Potts & VP Charlie Tomeo
Chatter: New CEO, ConnectWise Partner of the Year
Numerous security companies have tried – and failed – to engage MSPs in the SMB sector. In stark contrast, Webroot has major MSP momentum – growing 30 to 35 percent annually in the MSP sector. The ConnectWise relationship also is thriving – as affirmed by Webroot’s “Partner of the Year” status. Webroot’s MSP-oriented success involves a “high tech, high touch” strategy led by Tomeo.
Much of that momentum involved endpoint security under former CEO Dick Williams, who retired earlier this year. Will Webroot change its MSP strategy under New CEO Mike Potts? We gathered the answers during this interview with Potts and Tomeo at IT Nation.
22. Ask Them Anything Panel
Call it a “showstopper moment” for a couple hundred attendees or so, who stopped by to ask their most pressing questions about business growth, sales strategies, valuations and M&A considerations. My job: Moderate the panel. What does that mean? Introduce the four experts, then step out of the way to let the expertise flow. I’ll post a summary of the conversation in the next couple days.
23-31. Random Conversations
Chatter: Additional Experts in the Hall…
- CharTec CEO Alex Rogers continues to lead the company, but has anyone else noticed how COO Gerwai Todd has influenced the company’s execution in recent months?
- Ingram Micro Cloud Global Executive Director Jason Bystrak surfaced in the hotel diner multiple times. Big meals? Not really. It looked more like strategic conversations with a range of folks…
- Itopia Chief Revenue Officer Ted Hulsy sounded upbeat during a brief conversation near the coffee shop. Itopia has emeged as a strategic Google Cloud Platform partner, promoting WaaS services to MSPs.
- Onepath vCIO MJ Shoer seems to be enjoying life – and business – after experiencing two M&A deals within the past two years or so.
- Proactive Technologies COO Dave Cava was all smiles Friday night while navigating the post-conference activities with his family.
- Sophos MSP VP Scott Barlow sounded as optimistic as ever about the company’s managed security partner strategy;
- Technology Pointe CIO Dustin Bolander sounds like he has a hand in building one of Texas’s most successful MSPs.
- Vault America CEO Zak Karsan sounds like he’s working on a key partnership… but mum’s the word for now.
- Xcellerate Customer Experience Officer Jeannine Edwards continues to promote the firm’s acceleration services for MSPs.
That’s all I’ve got from my conference notes. What do your conference notes say? Feel free to email me your thoughts — Joe@AfterNines.com.