CompuCom Launches Outsourced NOC (Network Operations Center) Service
CompuCom Systems has launched SmartNOC, an outsource network operations center for medium and large businesses. The new service utilizes CompuCom’s NOC experts and network engineers to monitor and manage clients’ networks, 24/7, freeing IT teams to focus on important core business objectives and strategic initiatives, the company claims.
The SmartNOC service provides:
- A 24/7 Network Operations Center that takes immediate action to resolve network issues, regardless of the source of the problem
- Consolidated multi-platform service solutions
- Ad hoc access to problem/incident ticket information and status
- Self-service network capacity information via a web portal
- A single point of contact for all network-related issues
- Experienced Network Operations Center engineers who receive ongoing training to keep current on the latest network technologies
- Change and release management that keeps customers’ network devices updated to the latest software release from an OEM
Many MSPs have become so bogged down with the sheer volume of devices they are now required to manage, it’s no wonder services like this continue to pop up. However, it can be intimidating to hand over the keys to your kingdom to an outsourced company. Techs may feel like they are being replaced, and there can be some serious pushback from IT staff.
If concerns pop up, refocus the conversation on your company’s newfound ability to really lead your clients — instead of reacting to issues that can flood an in-house NOC.
Organizations can also combine SmartNOC with CompuCom’s portfolio of services, including Managed Server Services, Managed Storage Services, Managed Security Services, and SmartDesk Solution. Pulling all of the management of devices together under one umbrella can really help firms see the big picture, and help them guide their clients to an efficient and effective network environment.
Additional Outsourced NOC Providers
While companies like CompuCom and NetEnrich focus on the midmarket, additional firms like these offer NOC services for SMB-oriented MSPs: