5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 31 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
2. M&A – Amazon Buys Flash Storage: Amazon is reported acquiring E8, a flash storage startup that has rack-scale architecture expertise.
3. M&A – Mac Security: Jamf has acquired Digita Security, creators of enterprise-grade, purpose-built endpoint protection solutions designed to protect Apple Mac users from malicious activities and threats, the companies assert.
4. Dynatrace IPO – Strong Demand: Monitoring software provider Dynatrace has raised the expected price range for its forthcoming IPO, amid strong demand from potential investors.
5. Zendesk Financial Results: The IT service management, help desk and sales software provider released second quarter 2019 results. The figures included:
- Revenue of $194.6 million, up 37 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- A net loss of $54.5 million, larger than a net loss of $34.4 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
The revenue figures generally beat Wall Street’s expectations but GAAP earnings were less than Wall Street expected.
6. CDW Financial Results: CDW announced second quarter financial results. The figures include:
- Net sales of $4.6 billion, up 10.6 percent from $4.2 billion in the corresponding quarter last year.
- Net income of $196.6 percent, up 13.6 percent from$173.0 percent in the corresponding quarter last year.
The figures largely exceeded Wall Street’s expectations.
7. Talent – Data Protection: Commvault, a data protection company that remains in turnaround mode, has hired Michael John Melnyk as director of investor relations.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Cisco Marketing Velocity: Keep a close eye on Cisco Marketing Velocity — a major initiative to help partners with their digital marketing capabilities.
2. Microsoft Azure Expert MSP: 3Cloud is the latest managed IT service provider to earn status in Microsoft’s Azure Expert MSP program, placing it among the most elite managed services providers for the Azure platform.
4. Artificial Intelligence – IT Service Desks: Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC), a major technology integrator, is partnering with Espressive to offer artificial intelligence for employee self-service needs. More than a help desk solution, the combined offering delivers a “virtual assistant capable of improving the user experience by providing intelligent responses to user requests,” the companies say. Potential use cases span IT, HR, facilities, payroll and more.
5. Artificial Intelligence – Contact Centers: Avaya and Tenfold are partnering to promote artificial intelligence solutions that boost the performance of such platforms as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics, among others.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.