Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
11. Partner Program: DataTorrent, a big data analytics applications company has added HCL Technologies to its growing partner program roster, alongside Trace3, MSys, Stratecha, and many others, the company says.
9. Product Launch – More Containers: Cisco has unveiled the Cisco Container Platform, a container platform to address customers’ growing need to have applications seamlessly run the same way on premises and in public clouds. It’s based on Kubernetes.
8. Talent:ATEN Technology Inc., a global manufacturer of KVM and Pro AV connectivity solutions, has hired Holly Garcia as vice president to drive the overall strategy, growth, and profitability of ATEN’s North American Business Unit, inclusive of sales, marketing, product management, and channel strategy.
7. Talent – Cloud MSP: Reliam, an MSP and IT consulting firm focused on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, has hired CTO Jonathan LaCour; CFO John Varner; Chief Administrative Office Art Elizarov; and VP of Digital Marketing Mark Medina. The new talent arrives after Reliam scored substantial funding from Great Hill Partners in 2017.
6. Leadership:Cloud Girls, a not-for-profit consortium of women evangelizing the cloud, has named two new directors for 2018. Laura Romero, director, global solution partners and programs for Plex Systems, has joined the board as chair of the Membership Work Group. Romero, who has been a Cloud Girl since 2010, previously was a member of the Communications and the new Brand & Strategy work groups. Also, Tamara Prazak, director of channel strategy for Flexential (formerly Peak 10/Via West), has joined the board as chair of the new Community Work Group. Previously she was co-chair of the Communications Work Group. Two directors — Manon Buettner and Wendy Holmquist — are leaving their longtime posts on the Cloud Girls’ board.
5. CSP Momentum: Somewhere between cloud giants and small business MSPs, numerous CSP innovators are gaining their own market momentum. A case in point:Evolve IP was recognized in Gartner’s Market Guide for Midmarket Unified Communications as a Service, North America.
1. Thank You: ChannelE2E’s readership reached record levels in January, and the site remains the largest IT media platform we’ve ever built. Thanks for your readership, and special thanks to the sponsors who have embraced our editorial mission.