Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
15. Partner Program – SAP: Stay tuned for updated details about SAP’s partner program later today on ChannelE2E.
14. Cryptocurrency Ads: A growing number of internet companies are banning cryptocurrency advertising, fearing reputational damage if their users are duped or left penniless, even as regulators struggle to get to grips with the fast-emerging industry, Reuters notes.
13. Apple Goes Back to School: Apple on Tuesday rolled out a new iPad and classroom software aimed at grabbing more of the U.S. education market, but did not cut the price of its entry-level tablet despite schools flocking to laptops and Google Chromebooks costing a third less, Reuters says.
11. Talent:Moogsoft, a provider of artificial intelligence for IT Operations teams (AIOps), has hired Splunk veteran Ranvir Wadera as VP of engineering, and ServicNow veteran Udi Gotlieb as VP of product marketing.
10. HP Workstations: HP Inc. has launched the HP Z8, a workstation for Machine Learning development for such applications as facial identification, sentiment analysis, fraud detection and predictive analytics.
9. M&A – IT Management:Veritas Technologies has acquired fluidOps, which helps organizations to orchestrate, integrate, manage and optimize structured and unstructured data sources housed in silos across on-premises, private, public and hybrid cloud environments, the companies say.
8. M&A – Linksys & More:Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) has acquired Belkin International for approximately US$866 million in cash. The deal includes such brands as Belkin, Linksys, Wemo and Phyn. The big push involves smart homes and consumer automation.
7. Partner Program – Telecom: Verizon’s Partner Program (VPP) now features an improved master agent model, and an expanded global resale model gives program members more flexibility in selling Verizon solutions, the company asserts. Also, Verizon has rolled out simplified and competitive fees for US Agents fees based on Total Billed Revenue. Bill Hooper, director of the SMB Partner Channel for Verizon Business Markets, is leading the effort.
5. Partnership – AWS and GoDaddy: GoDaddy is migrating the vast majority of its infrastructure to Amazon Web Services as part of a multi-year project. Moreover, GoDaddy and AWS are working together to incorporate some of GoDaddy’s domain technology and website building products—Managed WordPress and GoCentral—into the AWS experience, the companies say.
4. MSP Software:Maavi will white label Naverisk’s MSP software and solutions to deliver network operations center (NOC), security operations center (SOC) and IT compliance services globally to MSPs.
3. Funding – SMB Analytics: Grow.com, which develops an SMB reporting and analytics dashboard, has raised $16 million in Series B funding from HubSpot and others.