5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 27 September 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look
14. Blockchain Projects: Major global systems integrators — including Capgemini and Deloitte — are testing and deploying applications atop SAP’s Cloud Platform Blockchain service, the company says. Details surfaced at this week’s SAP TechEd conference in Las Vegas.
13. SD-WANs: BCM One, a technology solutions provider, has launched an SD-WAN initiative specifically customized for select channel partners. The program allows partners to offer a self-priced SD-WAN Bundle Solution in select cities nationwide, BCM One said.
12. Distribution Part One: Tech Data unveiled a new corporate branding initiative. “Our new global brand is centered on the proven strength of the Tech Data name and provides a unified promise of integrity, expertise and excellence,” CEO Bob Dutkowsky said in a prepared statement. The company has also focused its portfolio on two sub-brands:
- Tech Data’s Endpoint Solutions portfolio, previously known as the company’s broadline offering, primarily includes PC systems, mobile phones and accessories, printers, peripherals, supplies, software and consumer electronics.
- Tech Data’s Advanced Solutions portfolio includes primarily data center technologies such as storage, networking, servers, advanced technology software and converged/hyperconverged infrastructure. This portfolio also includes next-generation technologies such as cloud, IoT, mobility, security and analytics solutions.
11. Distribution Part Two: D&H Distributing‘s Cloud Marketplace has agreed to offer Dropsuite’s email back-up and archiving solutions . The move enhances D&H’s menu of services that VARs can offer via Microsoft Office 365 on a hosted basis, helping SMB resellers to enter the hosted services market, the distributor says.
10. Talent – IT Service Management: Cherwell Software, which develops IT service management software, has hired Mike Munoz as chief revenue officer (CRO). Munoz previously held key executive positions at Skyhigh Networks, PernixData, Nutanix and Nimble Storage.
9. Network Management: Huawei and Riverbed Technology are partnering to integrate Huawei’s CloudEPN (Cloud Enterprise Private Network) and Riverbed SteelHead, which accelerates the delivery of applications. The relationship will make it easier for enterprises to manage their networks and optimize performance in the cloud, the duo asserted.
8. Small Business Concerns: Looks like small business owners are losing faith in Republican-led tax reform. And that’s not all. Look at these SMB poll results from CNBC and Go Daddy…
7. Business Automation: Misco, a large IT reseller in Europe, has standardized on Oracle NetSuite for its ERP, HR, PSA and omnichannel commerce needs, according to Oracle. Misco selected NetSuite OneWorld for its multi-language and multi-currency capabilities to manage international operations in the UK, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and Sweden, as well as a shared services centre in Hungary, the companies indicated. Misco offers 40,000 different technology products and is rapidly expanding an IT services business as well.
6. Talent – Managed Services: Continuum has hired Tasos Tsolakis as senior vice president of global service delivery. The move comes as Continuum prepares to launch a Security Operations Center (SOC) for MSP partners. Launch details are expected at next week’s Continuum Navigate 2017 conference in Las Vegas. Tsolakis previously held key managed services roles at Iron Mountain and Affiliated Computer Services (ACS), a Xerox company.
5. Acronis Business Continuity: LeaseWeb, an IaaS provider with 16 data centers and more than 80,000 servers under management, has launched LeaseWeb Acronis Backup. The backup platform can protect hybrid IT infrastructure, bare metal servers, dedicated servers, virtual private servers (VPS), and cloud environments, the companies say.
4. Microsoft Office 2019: The world is moving to Office 365 or the broader Microsoft 365 suite. But for the holdouts and PC huggers, Microsoft will launch Office 2019 in the second half of 2018, the company confirmed yesterday. We’re standing by for a competitive response from IBM Lotus and Novell WordPerfect…
3. PSA Becomes ServOps: Yesterday, we told you that Accelo raised $9 million and pivoted from PSA (professional services automation) to Service Operations Automation (ServOps) for SMB customers. But what exactly does ServOps do for a small business like an MSP? Here are more details about PSA vs. ServOps from Accelo.
2. Multi-Cloud Myth?: Numerous pundits say customers and MSPs need multi-cloud management solutions. But what if in reality, customers only want one cloud service provider? Hmmm…
1. Top 100 Managed Security Services Providers: See the list. Get the research. Learn about the honorees and trends. Register now and join our Webcast tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 28, 2:00 p.m. ET).