5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Welcome to page two of two, featuring items 10 to 1 for today.
10. Application Migrations – Automation: RiverMeadow Software Inc., a provider of automated application migration technology and services, now supports Microsoft Azure.
9. Chromebooks for Business: Acer will unveil its first line of high-end laptops running Google’s Chrome OS Today, Reuters says, as the computer maker looks to help Google in its effort to win over business users after taking the U.S. education market by storm.
8. Facebook Apology Tour: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg apologized to EU lawmakers on Tuesday, saying the company had not done enough to prevent misuse of the social network and that regulation is “important and inevitable,” Reuters notes. Critics allege that Zuckerberg dodged several tough questions about privacy during the meeting.
7. Partnerships – AI: Microsoft is partnering with Accenture and Avanade to develop joint AI (artificial intelligence) solutions, according to Channel Chief Gavriella Schuster. Interestingly, the news surfaced on LinkedIn (owned by Microsoft) rather than on Microsoft’s own corporate blogs…
6. Funding: Valimail, a San Francisco, California-based provider of automated email authentication solutions, raised $25 million in Series B funding.
5. Network Management: SolarWinds has upgraded its its network management solutions on multiple fronts. The enhancements include:
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM) 12.3 – Along with Network Insight for Cisco Nexus, including detailed visibility into virtual Port Channels (vPCs), the latest version of NPM provides network monitoring capabilities and detailed visibility for multi-vendor environments, the company says.
- Network Configuration Monitor (NCM) 7.8 – The updated version brings stronger automation and control of network functions and, like NPM, adds Network Insight for Cisco Nexus switches. It provides configuration snippets and the ability to filter, search, and view access control lists (ACLs), including object groups, and Virtual Device Context (VDC) support, the firm says.
- IP Address Manager (IPAM) 4.7 – Tthe latest version now automates IP requests and monitors hybrid environments with Amazon Route53 and Azure DNS support, SolarWinds says.
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) 4.4 – The new version offers IT professionals significantly improved speed and performance in identifying network traffic issues and removing bottlenecks, while providing better security, SolarWinds asserts.
- VoIP and Network Quality Manager (VNQM) 4.5 – The latest version of VNQM adds support for monitoring of SIP trunks, enabling users to manage voice quality and performance across networks using the latest VoIP technologies, the firm says.
PS: It’s a safe bet more and more of SolarWinds’ network management offerings will surface within the SolarWinds MSP business over time…
4. Talent: ConnectWise has named Brad Schow has been appointed VP of consulting. In this new position, Schow will lead a team that is expanding the company’s current product-focused consulting service into an end-to-end offering designed to help technology teams, businesses and leadership reach growth goals, ConnectWise says.
3. Talent: – Magna5, which offers a voice and data services, has named Richard (Rick) Lottie as its new CEO. Lottie has served as Magna5 executive chairman and board member for the past six months. He succeeds Greg Forrest, who has recently stepped down.
2. M&A – Management Buyout: Excalibur Communications, a telecom and IT solutions service provider in the UK, has confirmed a management buyout backed by Santander Corporate and Commercial. We’ll share more details soon.