5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 23 January 2019
Welcome to page two of two. Here are items 10 to 1.
10. Email Archiving Evolves: Zix, which recently acquired AppRiver, has launched an expanded ZixArchive solution. It supports cloud-based archiving for email and 48 new data sources, including social media, instant message, mobile, web, audio and video. It also supports eDiscovery, including message review, classification, data tagging, and the ability to cull messages based on content, Zix asserts.
9. Private Equity Growth – Europe: The race to become Europe’s first $100 billion private equity firm is accelerating as the recent fundraising boom shows little sign of abating, according to Financial News London. No sign of abating? That’s usually when the bubble is about to pop.
8. Momentum – Desktop as a Service: CloudJumper, a provider of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Workspace as a Service (WaaS) and Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solutions, says its 2018 revenues doubled. The privately held company did not disclose actual revenue and profit figures.
7. Gender Pay Equality and Alleged Inequality: Intel has achieved gender pay equality on a global basis, the chip giant asserts. Ironically the announcement comes just as the U.S. government files a complaint against Oracle over alleged hiring and compensation biases. Oracle declined to comment about the complaint, according to The Guardian.
6. Women CEOs – Some (Small) Progress: The rate of women taking over the role of CEO in 2018 rose to 22 percent, after hovering at 18 percent in both 2017 and 2016, according to Challenger, Gray & Christmas. Of the 1,183 replacement CEOs recorded in 2018, 264, or 22.3 percent, were women. That is up from 18.4 percent in 2017, when women represented 183 of 993 replacement CEOs announced by U.S.-based companies, the report says.
5. Talent – IT Staffing: Apolis, a $70 million IT staffing and cloud solutions company, has named Ranjith Varma as its new president. Varma, comes to Apolis after serving as Vice President, Private Equity group at Mphasis, a global IT services company.
4. MSP Conference: The 20, which offers an automation and sales development platform for MSPs, is set to host its VISION 2019 conference in October. Check the complete ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar for more MSP- and partner-centric events.
3. MSP Staying Power: Ash Creek Enterprises Inc., an MSP in Stratford, Connecticut, celebrated its 20th year in business on January 4, 2019. Congrats to President and owner Mark Calzone, and the entire Ash Creek team.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Participate in our survey here and your company could be honored among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.
1. How Much Is Your Business Worth?: Find out during our next ChannelE2E webcast…