5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 21 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
8. M&A – 5G Wireless:Airspan Networks has acquired Mimosa Networks. Airspan is a 4G and 5G small cell access and backhaul solutions provider with more than 1,000 customers in over 100 countries. Airspan will leverage Mimosa’s channel-led sales strategy to push deeper into the private LTE market, among other opportunities. Financial terms were not disclosed.
7. Venture Funding: NTT Venture Capital has raised $500 million for global technology investments…
6. Managed Print Services: Epson America has launched Cornerstone – a Print as a Service program for VARs in the SMB market. The Cornerstone program helps VARs to build three-year print agreements with customers that purchase Epson WorkForce Pro inkjet printers. Participating VARs receive the full revenue and margin for all hardware and warranty upfront as well as the full value of ink over the term of the agreement, Epson says. Cornerstone supports the IT VAR with billing, service and logistics support, reducing the reseller’s operating expenses, the company adds.
5. Azure Cloud Monitoring: Site24x7, a cloud-based performance monitoring solution for DevOps and IT operations, has launched AI-powered Microsoft Azure monitoring as well as its chatbot integration with Microsoft Teams. Site24x7 Azure monitoring enables IT teams to manage over 100 Azure products using the Azure Monitor REST API in near real time, the company claims.
4. Funding – IT Service Management: SysAid has raised $30 million to drive midmarket IT service management (ITSM) software development. The company, self-funded since 2002, has 10,000 customers and 9 million end-users.
3. AWS Backup Cloud: CloudBerry Managed Backup now offers advanced snapshot support for Amazon EC2 instances.