5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 14 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. IoT Monitoring: ParTech Inc., a provider of point of sale (POS) and workforce efficiency solutions to the restaurant and retail industries, has unveiled PAR IoT — a cloud-based system that enables 24×7 remote monitoring of capital investments with near real-time alerting for temperature failures and power disruptions, the company says.
11. Talent: Comstar Technologies, a provider of technology solutions in North America, has appointed David Johnson as president. Former President, Kevin Flounders has shifted to a board member role.
10. SMB Security Risks: Ransomware remains the biggest cybersecurity threat to small businesses, according to a Datto study. We’ll share more details soon.
9. Funding – Patch Management: Automox, a provider of cloud-based patching and configuration management solutions, has raised $9.3 million in Series A funding. Key investors include TechOperators with participation from CRV, BlueNote Ventures and Tom Noonan, along with previous insiders. Noonan previously was CEO of Internet Security Systems (acquired by IBM), JouleX (acquired by Cisco) and Endgame.
8. CRM & Sales Force Automation: Zendesk has launched a sales force automation tool (Zendesk Sell) and CRM platform called Sunshine. We’ll share more details soon.
7. Managed Cybersecurity Services: RigNet, a ChannelE2E Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, has launched Enhanced Cyber Services (ECS), which provides real-time threat detection, network visualization, and advanced investigative capabilities to energy companies.
6. Funding: Mobile app optimization company Kumulos has raised £750,000 in funding round. The Kumulos platform provides data on user engagement and allows developers to optimize their ranking on an app store and send notifications to customers, according to Scotsman.com.
5. MSPs and HIPAA Compliance: Uplevel Systems is promoting its IT infrastructure to MSPs that want to deliver HIPAA compliant solutions to doctors, dentists, insurance agencies and other regulated businesses. As part of the effort, Uplevel will sign Business Associates Agreements (BAAs) with its MSP partners serving companies covered by HIPAA.
4. M&A – MSPs Part One: Mission Critical Partners (MCP), a public safety consulting and lifecycle management services firm, has acquired Athena Advanced Networks (Athena). We’ll share more details soon.
3. M&A – MSPs Part Two: Pure Technology Group has acquired Keytech Managed Solutions. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast today (Thursday). Register now.