5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 13 March 2019
Welcome to page two, featuring items 10 to one.
10. Microsoft Cloud Automation: SpinPanel, a Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP), has hired Acronis veteran Vincent Oostlander as chief commercial officer (CCO). He’s focused on partner development.
9. Office 365 Migration Tools: BitTitan, which focuses on managed services automation, has launched “enterprise-grade coexistence features specific to Office 365 tenant migrations,” the company says. As a result, BitTitan’s MigrationWiz tool gains enhanced support for long-term tenant migrations while minimizing the impact of this transition for end users, the company says.
8. Artificial Intelligence – Microsoft’s Guidance: Microsoft has launched a so-called AI Business School to help business executives to more effectively develop an AI strategy.
7. Password Management: ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus, an Active Directory (AD) self-service password management and single sign-on solution, now supports Linux end users. The result: ADSelfService Plus allows end users to reset their passwords and unlock their accounts in AD from the login screen of Linux machines. Within the MSP market, companies such as Passportal and IT Glue (owned by Kaseya) promote password management tools specifically to partners.
6. Talent – Avast CEO Change: Avast CEO Vince Steckler will retire on June 30. Ondrej Vlcek, president of the company’s consumer business, will succeed Steckler as CEO. Under Steckler, Avast pioneered the freemium consumer anti-virus market and the company generally enjoyed strong growth over the past decade. However, recent financial results were weaker than expected. A buyout of AVG apparently hasn’t performed quite as strongly as expected.
5. Talent – MSP Business Models: Continuum, an MSP platform provider, has hired John Schweizer as VP of office technology. The move is designed to help Office Equipment Dealers to transform into MSPs. Continuum has strong relationships with several major printer makers, and their associated channel partners.
4. Talent – MSP: Logicalis has promoted Mike Houghton to president of its U.S. business. Houghton, an Avnet and Tech Data veteran, joined Logicalis U.S. as the region’s chief sales officer in October 2017.
3. Funding – Partner Relationship Management (PRM): Impact, which develops a cloud-based partnership automation platform, has raised $75 million.
2. Funding – Private Equity & Microsoft Dynamics Partner: Velosio has received private equity funding, and is striving to be known as the largest Microsoft Dynamics cloud partner across the United States.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.