5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 09 January 2018
Welcome to page two of two. The list below is real, and it’s spectacular.
10. Talent – SAP: Channel Chief Rodolpho Cardenuto has exited the company, according to CRN.
9. Talent – VMware to Check Point: Channel veteran Frank Rauch has jumped from VMware to CheckPoint, CRN reports.
8. Talent – IT Glue to Cytracom: IT Glue veteran Dave Goldie has joined Cytracom as VP of channel. He essentially is the company’s North American channel chief. Goldie’s career move comes after Kaseya recently disclosed that it owns IT Glue.
7. M&A – IT Services: Accenture is acquiring Orbium, a management consultancy and technology services provider to the financial services industry. We’ll share more details soon.
6. M&A – Telcos and MSPs: Lingo has completed its buyout of Impact Telecom. The combined telecom and MSP companies had about $128 million and adjusted EBITDA of about $26 million in 2018.
5. M&A – IT Solutions Provider: ConvergeOne has completed its buyout of Cisco partner Venture Technologies.
4. M&A – Public Policy: The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) has merged with the Public Technology Institute (PTI). The goal: Drive collaboration between local government executives and elected officials and private industry to solve society’s most critical challenges, CompTIA says. PTI’s corporate vendor members will integrate into the CompTIA State & Local Government and Education Public Sector Council (SLED), the organizations say.
3. Ingram Micro Still for Sale?: Ingram Micro parent HNA Group met with bankers on Tuesday to discuss various assets it hopes to potentially sell off, according to Reuters. Rumors have swirled in recent weeks that Apollo Global Management may acquire Ingram Micro, but the chatter has quieted down in recent days. Ingram has performed strongly and essentially operated independently of HNA, but the Chinese conglomerate faces its own cash crunch and may therefore want to sell the distributor, pundits suggest…
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Participate in our survey here and your company could be honored among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.
1. How Much Is Your Business Worth?: Find out during our next ChannelE2E webcast…