5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 06 February 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
11. Xerox Three-Year Strategy: Xerox shared a three-year roadmap during the company’s 2019 Investor Day yesterday. The presentation is now available on demand. The company had a drama-filled 2018, including a scrubbed merger with Fujifilm and a CEO change. Xerox’s equipment sales dipped 9.5 percent in Q4 2018, though the overall financial results also showed signs of progress.
10. Talent ScanSource Chairman: ScanSource Chairman Steven R. Fischer retired in February. CEO Mike Baur takes on the chairman title, and Peter Browning is Lead Independent Director.
9. Talent – Secondary Storage: Cohesity has hired Riverbed veteran Davis Johnson as vice president, federal.
8. Talent – Cognizant CEO Transition: Cognizant has hired Vodafon Business veteran Brian Humphries as CEO and a member of the board. Cognizant co-founder and CEO Francisco D’Souza shifts to executive vice chairman on the board until the leadership transition is complete at the end of June and will then remain on the board as vice chairman.
7. Cognizant Earnings: Revenue at the professional IT services company was $4.13 billion in Q4 2018, up 7.9 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Net income was $648 million, which reversed an $18 million net loss in Q4 2017. The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
6. Zendesk Financial Results: Zendesk’s revenues were $172.2 million in Q4 2018, up 41 percent vs. the corresponding quarter last year. The company had a $33.3 million net loss in Q4 2018, larger than the $24.9 million net loss in Q4 2017. The results largely beat Wall Street’s expectations. Zendesk develops cloud-based help desk and CRM software for small businesses. The company has been expanding its channel partner program in recent quarters.
4. AWS Solutions Provider: Symmetry, a provider of enterprise application management, hybrid cloud hosting and GRC solutions, has been added to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solution Provider Program.
3. AWS for Startups: nClouds, a provider of AWS and DevOps consulting and implementation services, has signed a Strategic Collaboration Agreement (SCA) with AWS. The goal: Help startups and growth-stage companies leverage AWS for strategic advantage.
2. Influencers – MSP Business Development: Auvik Networks has launched the Frankly MSP Brain Trust — featuring “four of the brightest minds in the biz.” The lineup includes Tech Tribe founder Nigel Moore, Forbes columnist Nick Espinosa, Auvik CEO Marc Morin, and Datto VP of Business Development Rob Rae. Each executive will deliver two hours of private consulting to one luck MSP, Auvik says.
1. Your Most Profitable MSP Service: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s February webcast. Register now to join us.