5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 06 December 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
18. Breaking News – M&A: ABRY Partners, a private equity firm, has acquired Breakthrough Technology Group (BTG), a managed private cloud service provider focused on supporting enterprise workloads and IT services. BTG will leverage ABRY’s investment to accelerate growth, both organically and through strategic acquisitions, the companies said. We’ll share more details later today.
17. Talent Shortfall: IBM will fall short of its hiring goals in Ohio, and therefore will not qualify for promised taxed credits from the state, according to BizJournals.com. Although IBM has been staffing up in such areas as cognitive computing, the technology giant has been cutting back in mature IT markets — leading to a rebalancing of staff and an undisclosed number of job cuts in 2017.
16. IBM AI Servers: IBM’s latest Power Systems Servers, which leverage the Power9 processor, are specifically built for artificial intelligence workloads, the company claims.
15. Laptops and Mobile Computing: HP Inc. has unveiled the HP ENVY x2, an Always Connected PC that “combines the best of a smartphone experience with the best of a Windows PC,” the company claims. The device, HP asserts, is “impossibly thin and incredibly durable.” On a related note, Microsoft has launched Windows 10 for ARM processors — which has triggered multiple mobile device launches from hardware partners.
14. SD-WAN Momentum: Silver Peak, which specializes in broadband and hybrid WAN solutions, says its Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN has surpassed 600 production customer deployments. The rollouts typically involve small-to-midsized businesses up to enterprises and cloud service providers (CSPS).
13. Security Conference: The Fortinet Accelerate 18 conference, designed for partners and network security professionals, is set for February in Las Vegas, the company confirms.
12. Managed SMB Application Services: PlumChoice has expanded its managed IT services to support more SMB applications. Already a well-known provider of Office 365 services, PlumChoice now offers strategic counsel to help customers with backup, disaster recovery and productivity applications. The company’s monthly recurring revenues have surged 20 percent since January 2017, and nearly all of PlumChoice’s customers now run cloud services — up from 70 percent in December 2016, the company says.
11. HIPAA Compliance: SecurityMetrics has launched this 2018 Guide to HIPAA Compliance.
Continue to page two for items 10 to 1. They’re a simple click away.