5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 05 September 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, Sept 5, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Workday Quarterly Results: Workday revenues were $671.7 million in the company’s Q2 fiscal 2019, up nearly 28 percent vs. fiscal Q2 2018. The SaaS company’s revenues and earnings beat Wall Street’s expectations. Related: The Workday Rising 2018 conference for customers and partners is scheduled for October.
10. Microsoft Cloud Outage: Several U.S.-based customers connecting to Microsoft cloud services, including Office 365, Azure Active Directory and Visual Studio Team Services, suffered outages on September 4. The issue seemed to stem from problems in Microsoft’s South Central U.S. datacenter, ZDnet reports.
9. Talent – Intel CEO Search: Intel’s CEO search list apparently includes company outsiders. Former CEO Brian Krzanich resigned in June after having a “past consensual relationship” with an Intel employee. The relationship apparently violated Intel’s HR policies because of Krzanich’s role and status on the company.
7. Talent – APM for Big Data: Pepperdata, while offers application performance management (APM) for big data systems, has named Charles Marker as VP of engineering and Dan Marx as VP of sales.
6. Talent – SD-WANs: Aryaka has hired Matt Carter as CEO. He previously was CEO of Inteliquent, and earlier held key roles at Sprint and AT&T. Aryaka is a fast-growing SD-WAN software provider with about 800 customers. In the CEO announcement about Carter, Aryaka did not mention what happened to former CEO John Peters. We’ve reached out to the company for comment.
5. IIoT RMM: MachineMetrics has extended its IIoT platform with MachineMetrics Service, an AI-driven remote machine monitoring solution designed for OEMs and Equipment providers. The service allows teams to remotely monitor and manage machine assets in the field and at customer sites in real-time.
4. M&A – IIoT: Insurance group Munich Re has acquired RelayR for $300 million. RelayR is an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) platform provider that extends sensors to existing machinery and production systems to gather data and unlock insights.
3. M&A – Business Management Software: Private equity firm Thoma Bravo is acquiring Apttus — a provider of software for Quote-to-Cash, Contract Lifecycle Management and other Middle Office solutions, the companies say. Financial terms were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close in October 2018. Former Blue Coat Systems CEO David Murphy will join the Apttus Office of the CEO as Executive Chairman. The buyout comes roughly two months after Apttus’ founding CEO left the firm. Related: Thoma Bravo owns a lengthy list of MSP– and cybersecurity-focused software firms.
2. Next M&A Deals: Check ChannelE2E’s homepage frequently today. If you, ahem, scan our headlines frequently you may discover a key M&A deal or two that will interest you…
1. Top 50 MSPs for AWS/Top 50 MSPs for Azure: Participate in the survey here and potentially earn honors for your MSPs. Plus: Get the honoree lists and see the research by attending our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.