5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 31 October 2017
Here are items 10 to 1.
10. Workspace as a Service Part Two: CloudJumper has expanded its strategic relationship with ProfitBricks, a channel-focused cloud IaaS provider. CloudJumper will deploy WorksSpace WaaS solutions within the Switch Tier 5 Data Center campus in Las Vegas.
9. Cloud Services Momentum: Egenera, a provider of wholesale cloud services to the channel, says revenue for the company’s Xterity Cloud Services business grew 58 percent in Q3 2017 compared to Q3 2016, capping off 21 consecutive months of revenue growth. Impressive, but keep in mind: We don’t have a feel for actual revenues or potential profit figures…
8. State of IT Service Providers: IT service providers face multiple growth challenges — both in terms of securing new customers and entering new markets, and strengthening existing customer relationships — according to NetEnrich survey results released today. We’ll share more details soon.
7. Remote Desktop Services: ISL Online — creators of remote support, access and help desk software for technology service providers, help desks and IT departments in over 100 countries — has formally opened operations in North America, the company says. The company, headquartered in Slovenia, plans to engage North American VARs and MSPs. ISL Online allows users to access and support computers and mobile devices from afar.
6. Service Desks: ManageEngine is set to unveil a rapid-start enterprise service desk today. The offering allows customers to build and deploy service desks in 60 seconds or less, ManageEngine claims. It’s built on ServiceDesk Plus, which is used by 100,000 service desks worldwide.
5. MSP Network Monitoring: Auvik Networks‘ monthly recurring revenue grew 23 percent in Q3 2017 vs. Q2 2017, according to a monthly newsletter from the company. Also, the network-centric RMM (remote monitoring and management) software provider has expanded its team 27 percent since Q2, though we don’t know exact headcount numbers. Auvik raised about CAD$15 million in August for continued expansion. The company integrates with several traditional RMM offerings, but firms like Kaseya and SolarWinds MSP are ramping up their own network-centric capabilities.
3. M&A: Acora, a UK-based IT services company, has acquired Just Computing Ltd., an MSP. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Millennial Business Momentum: 82 percent of millennial entrepreneurs plan for their businesses to expand in the next six to 12 months, above the overall average of 71 percent across age groups, according to a First Citizens survey. We’ll share more thoughts on that soon.
1. Cisco Partner Summit 2017: We arrive at Cisco Partner Summit today. Stay tuned for live coverage at the conference through Thursday.