5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 30 April 2019
Here’s page two. Boy was that a fast page load. Here are items 10 to one.
10. MSPs – Apple Mac Management: SolarWinds MSP’s RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform now offers a “seamless experience” for monitoring, managing, and protecting Mac devices across customer environments from the same dashboard as current Windows devices, the company say.
9. MSPs – HIPAA Compliance: Compliancy Group has launched a HIPAA compliant stack for MSPs, powered by The Guard Compliance-as-a-Solution. The upshot: Compliance-as-a-Solution (CaaS) allows MSPs to build HIPAA compliant stacks, justifying advanced security services and increasing monthly recurring revenue (MRR), the companies assert.
8. Funding – Cloud Training: A Cloud Guru (ACG) has closed a growth equity investment led by Summit Partners, alongside AirTree Ventures and existing investor Elephant. The company, a provider of online cloud computing training and talent development, will use the funding to accelerate hiring across the globe, expand its content library with specialized courses and labs taught by a growing roster of expert instructors and continue to build out features to help enterprises drive cloud adoption, ACG asserts.
7. Talent – Distribution: The Global Technology Distribution Council (GTDC), an international consortium of technology distributors, has hired Frank Vitagliano as CEO. He succeeds Tim Curran, who retired earlier this year after 16 years in the position. Vitagliano is well-known for previous channel leadership roles at IBM, Juniper Networks and Dell, Most recently, he was president and CEO of Computex, the well-known solutions provider.
6. Talent – MSP Data Protection: Axcient has hired Ben Nowacky as senior vice president of product. He reports to President Eric White. Nowacky previously was VP of engineering at Independa, a provider of remote engagement and care.
5. Talent – SolarWinds: It sounds like SolarWinds will relocate its recent Samanage acquisition from Cary, North Carolina, to a neighboring area — namely Research Triangle Park, according to Triangle Business Journal. Samanage could play a key role in SolarWinds’ push against ServiceNow in the enterprise, and perhaps eventually against PSA (professional services automation) tools in the SMB and MSP sectors…
4. Hackers and Kaseya: More evidence that hackers are targeting legitimate MSP software tools to potentially breach end-customers….
3. Lessons From Brian and Eric Dosal: Fourth-generation entrepreneurs Brian and Eric Dosal share lessons learned from their journey building and then selling BrightGauge, an MSP-focused business intelligence software provider.
2. Free – Customer Service ChatBots: eGain a provider of omnichannel customer engagement hubs, is offering free customer service chatbots at the eGain DX19 conference, scheduled for May 13, 2019.
1. M&A – Accenture: The company has acquired Zielpuls, a technology consultancy focused on the design of smart products and services for automotive companies, medical technology, industrial equipment and high-tech industries.