5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 30 April 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
17. Dell Partner Program: The Dell EMC partner program has been repositioned as the Dell Technologies Partner Program, with these various updates.
16. Dell and VMware – On-premises as a Service: VMware has unveiled VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, which offers infrastructure as a service to customers’ on-premises data center and edge locations. The offering combines VMware’s compute, storage and networking software running on Dell EMC VxRail hyperconverged infrastructure. The service will be fully managed by VMware. That statement begs the question: Will VMware delegate some of those managed services to third-party MSPs? We’re checking.
15. Dell and MSP Partnership: Faction, a Dell-funded MSP for VMware Cloud on AWS, has joined the Dell EMC Select Partner Program. Key areas of focus include hybrid disaster recovery as a service; and Faction Cloud Control Volumes (CCV), which centralize data in a dedicated and location so customers can easily share data between different applications across different clouds, the company says. The news surfaced at Dell Technologies World 2019 in Las Vegas.
14. Financial Results – Commvault: After ChannelE2E warned of potential challenges at Commvault in early April 2019, the data protection software provider delivered weaker-than-expected quarterly financial results yesterday. The data points included:
- Revenue of $181.4 million, down 2 percent from Q4 2018.
- Net income was a $2.1 million loss, larger than a $1.6 million loss in Q4 of 2018.
The revenue and profit figures were below Wall Street’s expectations, and shares fell about 11 percent on the news. New CEO Sanjay Mirchandani has been striving to modernize Commvault to offer multi- and hybrid-cloud data protection software. However, fast-moving rivals like Cohesity, Datto, Druva, Rubrik and Veeam have momentum.
13. Financial Results – Ingram Micro: Ingram Micro‘s worldwide 2018 fiscal year sales were $50.4 billion, up $3.8 billion, or 8 percent. Also, 2018 fiscal year gross profit increased by $230 million to $3.2 billion, with gross margin of 6.30 percent. Parent company HNA Group was exploring the potential sale of Ingram Micro as of December 2018, but chatter about a potential exit has quieted down in recent months.
11. MSP Integration – Bitdefender and ConnectWise: Bitdefender Cloud Security for MSPs features a new integration with ConnectWise Automate. ConnectWise partners can now more simply leverage Bitdefender Patch Management, Advanced Threat Security, and Endpoint Detection and Response. Bitdefender integrates with a numerous MSP software platforms. Similar, ConnectWise integrates with numerous cybersecurity options.
Check out page two for items 10 to one.