5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 29 January 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
14. Commvault Earnings: Data protection and backup technology provider Commvault’s Q3 2019 financial results largely beat Wall Street’s expectations. Total revenues for the third quarter of fiscal 2019 were $184.3 million, up 2% year-over-year, and 9% sequentially. Net income of $13.4 million easily beat Wall Street’s expectations — a big improvement from a $59 million loss from the corresponding quarter last year. The company has made multiple product and channel partner program enhancements in recent months. Still, Commvault’s overall performance shows continued growth challenges vs. faster growth rivals like Cohesity, Datto, Druva, Rubrik and Veeam, ChannelE2E believes. Also, Commvault is still seeking a new CEO as part of a succession search that started in the first half of 2018.
13. Cisco ACI Extends ‘Anywhere’: This sounds like a big deal. We got a briefing. We’ll share more details soon…
12. Cisco Reseller: nuPSYS, which specializes in data center & 5G/cell site automation & visual tools, has signed a Global Reseller Agreement with Cisco Systems. Under terms of the agreement, Cisco can market & sell nuPSYS’s automation & visualization solutions worldwide.
11. Talent – SD-WANs: TELoIP has named Bernard Breton as its new CEO. The company serves more than 200 customers, with more than 2,500 retail businesses and connected sites deployed through 25 partners across North America. Breton has startup, M&A and enterprise experience. He has previously held key roles at Ericsson and InfoVista.
10. Talent – MSP & Cloud Application Services Provider: Contegix has named Anexinet veteran Brad Hokamp as CEO. Contegix provides managed services for DevOps and content management software platforms. The company is an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner and provides an Atlassian cloud hosting platform.
9. Talent – Data Protection: Druva has named Tim Cabral to the company’s board of directors and as chairman of the audit committee, effective January 23. Cabral brings nearly 30 years of experience in finance, software technology and scaling SaaS solutions to Druva, and will support the company as it continues to expand its presence in the rapidly growing disaster recovery and data management market, the firm says.
8. Sales Performance Research: Some interesting findings here…
7. Accenture Innovation: Accenture today launched SynOps — which apparently blends traditional talent, artificial intelligence and analytics to help businesses achieve intelligent operations across key functions such as finance & accounting, marketing and procurement. The four key SynOps components include human + machine talent; work orchestration; insights and intelligence; and device data.
6. Private Equity Fund Targets Software: Thoma Bravo has completed fundraising for Thoma Bravo Fund XIII. The fund closed at $12.6 billion, reaching its hard-cap, and was significantly oversubscribed, the private equity firm says. It is the largest pool of capital raised to invest in enterprise software companies. Thoma Bravo over the past two decades or so has completed over 200 software and technology acquisitions (over 60 platform companies and over 140 add-ons) with an aggregate value of about $57 billion.
5. ServiceNow – Big Partner Win: Forescout Technologies, working with ServiceNow, apparently has won a contract with the State of Utah to protect approximately 60,000 network-connected devices across state agencies that serve 3.1 million inhabitants.
4. Momentum – MSP Sector: OnPage doubled its year-over-year revenues in the MSP market in 2018 vs. 2017. OnPage’s incident alert management platform integrates with PSA (professional services automation) platforms such as Datto’s Autotask, ConnectWise Manage and ServiceNow.
3. M&A – MSP Automation: Nubo Service Automation and SpinPanel have merged. Both companies provide IT automation technologies, and some MSPs have been taking notice. Stay tuned.
2. M&A – MSPs: F12.net Inc. has acquired Level4 Technologies, one of Greater Vancouver’s largest managed IT service providers. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Your Most Profitable MSP Service: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s February webcast. Register now to join us.