5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 28 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, May 28, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – Microsoft Partners: Avtex has acquired NuSoft Solutions, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 partner. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Funding – Data Protection: JetStream Software Inc. has raised $7.7 million in Series A funding. The company specializes in disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) for MSPs and CSPs. The investment was led by Digital Alpha Advisors.
3. Cognizant Layoffs: The IT outsourcing firm apparently plans to cut executive and mid-level positions, two reports say.
4. AWS Training: Northwest Vista College has become the first community college in south-central Texas to provide Amazon Web Services (AWS) training for students.
6. Alibaba Raising Money?: Alibaba may raise as much as $20 billion through a listing in Hong Kong, lining up a second blockbuster deal following its 2014 record $25 billion float in New York, Reuters reports. The China-based company competes with Amazon’s e-commerce and cloud services businesses.
7. More Huawei Challenges: The Microsoft Store has stopped selling Huawei laptops, according to Windows Report. It’s the latest setback for the China-based technology giant, which faces security and privacy questions from the U.S. government. Huawei has repeatedly dismissed the concerns as unfounded. A complete look at the Huawei boycott is here.
9. AMD: The chip developer announced numerous computing and graphics products for PC makers that serve gamers, enthusiasts and content creators. Among the technologies to note, AMD says:
- The “Zen 2” CPU core powering AMD Ryzen and EPYC processors;
- the AMD X570 chipset for socket AM4, the world’s first PCIe 4.0 supported chipset with more than 50 new motherboards at launch;
- RDNA gaming architecture designed for PC gaming, console, and cloud-based gaming services; and
- The 7nm AMD Radeon RX 5700-series gaming graphics card family featuring high-speed GDDR6 memory and support for the PCIe 4.0 interface.
C. Channel Partner Programs
1. Amazon – Small Business Purge?: Amazon plans to purge numerous small suppliers from bulk order opportunities, triggering renewed fears that thousands of ‘mom-and-pop’ businesses will lose revenues, according to Bloomberg.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon re:MARS 2019 – Artificial Intelligence Conference (June 4-7)
- Cisco Live 2019 (June 9-13)
- LiveWorx 2019 Digital Transformation (June 10-13)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 (June 13-15)
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].