5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 26 February 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
14. Partner Program Part One: 8×8 Inc has launched 8×8 PartnerXchange, an online portal that enables channel partners to manage their 8×8-related business and drive sales of 8×8 solutions, the service provider says.
13. Partner Program Part Two: Uberall, which develops a Location Marketing Cloud platform, has expanded its U.S. channel partner program for small and medium-size businesses.
12. 5G vs. WiFi: Here’s an interesting thesis. 5G network services will reach your office before they extend to your smartphone. Does that mean 5G will compete against entrenched WiFi networks? And what will become of on-premises WiFi switches and routers in small businesses? Hmmm…
11. Talent – Data Protection: Arcserve has hired Symantec veteran Stephen Thomas as its senior VP of sales, North America. Thomas oversees development and delivery of regional sales strategies. The backup and disaster recovery software provider is owned by Marlin Equity Partners, a private equity firm.
10. Talent – UK: Amazon will create more than 1,000 apprenticeship roles in Britain over the next two years, indicating the country’s imminent departure from the European Union is not deterring the ecommerce giant from investing in the country.
9. AWS Cloud Cost Management: ParkMyCloud, a public cloud cost management platform, now supports AWS GovCloud (US).
8. Private Equity – Epic Fail on Diversity?: Despite efforts by private equity firms to tackle gender diversity, a recent survey reveals that women do not think that the industry is pushing hard enough with efforts to improve gender diversity, with almost half (48 percent) stating that there has been little or no change, Private Equity Wire reports.
7. Bankruptcy – Windstream: We warned you about a potential Windstream bankruptcy earlier this month. The IT services provider took that step yesterday.
6, M&A – Data Centers: Silverpeak, Legacy Investing and Oaktree Capital Management have acquired a portfolio of office, industrial and data center campuses in Cleveland and Cincinnati. The deal involves a partial office space sale-leaseback transaction with PNC Bank. The campus includs 70,000 square feet of leasable raised floor space and 6.7MW of power capacity.
5. M&A: SoftwareONE has acquired RightCloud, a cloud transformation company in Asia. RightCloud founders Prashant Gyan, Mohit Sharma, Jonathan Limbo and Iannis Hanen will lead the combined cloud services business in Asia-Pacific.
4. Managed Storage Services: Rackspace has embraced Pure Storage for a new Ultra-Fast Performance Rackspace Block Storage solution. This collaboration makes Rackspace the largest global Managed Service Provider member of the Pure Partner Program, the service provider says.
3. Why SMB Entrepreneurs Lose Their Mojo: One-third of small business owners in the US, Canada, and the UK admit to losing motivation to run their business since starting up, according to a recent Vistaprint study. Here’s why.
2. ConnectWise Acquired By Thoma Bravo – Recap: Surely you didn’t miss the news. All of our coverage is right here.
1. Join Us This Thursday: For our latest ChannelE2E webcast — covering two highly profitable managed services. Register now to join us.