5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 24 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, September 24, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Today’s Morning Brew
1. M&A – Cloud Services: Digerati Technologies, a UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) provider, is acquiring Nexogy, a cloud communication and broadband solutions provider for business.
2. Spin-Off – IT Services: Yorktel has spun off its healthcare practice to form a new company, Caregility. The new company includes Yorktel’s healthcare practice team — which offers end-to-end virtual care and communication solutions in the healthcare industry. Caregility and Yorktel are now separate subsidiaries of YTC Holdings.
3. Funding – SD-WANs: Bigleaf Networks, a cloud-first SD-WAN provider, has raised $21 million in Series B funding led by Updata Partners with participation from the Oregon Venture Fund, SeaChange Fund, and other existing investors.
4. Research – Phishing Attacks: Why do employees fall for phishing attacks? This Webroot research provides some answers. Webroot is a Carbonite company.
5. Quote to Cash: Apttus has updated its Quote-to-Cash and Contract Lifecycle Management solutions, helping enterprises automate, optimize, and apply AI to their most critical business processes – revenue generation and management of commercial relationships. The updates come roughly one year after Thoma Bravo acquired Apttus.
6. AWS Backup Service: Igneous has released a software-only version of DataProtect, a backup and archive service that writes data directly to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
7. Mobile Device Management: Prey Inc. has unveiled Scheduled Automations — a way to schedule and enforce mobile device management (MDM) policies that respond to triggers such as low battery level, hardware changes, or geofencing movement detection.
8. Microsoft Dynamics: Microsoft has unveiled a lengthy list of Dynamics 365 enhancements, according to Alysa Taylor, corporate vice president, Business Applications and Global Industry, Microsoft.
9. IBM – Diversity, Inclusion and Racism Debate: A new book questing IBM’s history of diversity and inclusion has triggered pushback from the technology giant.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Partnership – Data Protection and Security: Arcserve and Sophos have inked a global partnership to blend data protection and cybersecurity solutions to safeguard customers from ransomware attacks and data loss. The relationship essentially counters the recent Carbonite-Webroot merger, among other potential rivals.
2. Data Protection: Rubrik and NetApp have unveiled a joint solution that enables enterprises to quickly find and restore virtual machines, databases, files, and more, regardless of location – in Rubrik, in StorageGRID, and across the public cloud, the companies say.
3. Talent – Privileged Access Management: Remediant has hired VeriStor and Trend Micro veteran Bryan Copeland as global head of channels. The company’s partner program specifically serves VARs, distributors, MSSPs and systems integrators.
4. Factory Automation – Deloitte and AWS: Deloitte has launched Smart Factory Fabric, a pre-configured suite of cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) applications designed to accelerate smart factory transformations for manufacturing companies. The suite runs on Amazon Web Services.
5. Cloud Workspaces: Insight Enterprises is now a National Solution Partner for IGEL, a provider of cloud workspaces.
6. Biometric Security: BIO-key International has launched a Channel Alliance Partner (CAP) program. The program is designed for Managed Service Providers (MSP’s), Security Integrators, and VAR’s who specialize in providing security solutions to their customers.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Spiceworks Spiceworld 2019 (September 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Intelisys Channel Connect 20219 (September 25-27, Monterey, California)
- Box BoxWorks 2019 (September 30-October 4, San Francisco)
- Cherwell Clear 2019 (September 30-October 3, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Continuum Navigate19 (October 1-2, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].