5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 20 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Apple Stock Correction: Apple shares dropped close to bear market territory Monday on concern consumers are no longer clamoring for the iPhone, Bloomberg notes. Shocking? Hardly. The warning signs surfaced a few weeks ago, when Apple said it would no longer disclose iPhone unit sales in the company’s quarterly financial results…
11. FAANG Stock Correction: FAANG stocks have lost more than $300 billion in stock value this month, Barron’s notes. The FAANG acronym represents such stocks as Facebook (FB), Amazon.com (AMZN), Apple (AAPL), Netflix (NFLX) and Alphabet (GOOGL) (parent company of Google).
10. Cost of Downtime: What’s the cost of downtime — per second — for Amazon.com, WalMart.com and other major ecommerce companies? This Gremlin tool provides the answers…
9. Pure Storage Financial Results: Revenues at the flash storage provider were $372.8 million in the company’s Q3 2018, up 34 percent from Q3 2017. The company had a $28.2 million net loss, slightly better than a $29.4 million net loss in Q3 2017. The financial results largely beat Wall Street’s expectations.
8. AWS Hybrid Cloud Storage: Pure Storage has launched Pure Storage Cloud Data Services, a suite of cloud offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Details are here.
7. AWS Cloud Monitoring: Datadog has introduced end-to-end serverless monitoring for AWS Lambda functions. The effort features integration with AWS X-Ray, which traces serverless calls while they run on AWS-operated infrastructure, the company says.
6. Office 365 Backup for MSPs: Altaro has launched Office 365 Backup for MSPs. The services sends backup data to Altaro’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure. The company claims to have 8,000 partners and MSPs worldwide.
5. Remote Access: Ericom Software has launched Ericom Connect 9.0, a remote application and desktop access solution.
4. Talent: Outsourced talent specialist RocketPower has hired Jeff Baumgarten as COO and Chris Graham as partner, executive search.
3. M&A – Salesforce Partner: Deloitte has acquired CloudinIT — a key Salesforce and Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner. We’ll share more details soon.
2. AWS re:Invent 2018 News: It’s all right here.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.