5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 20 February 2018
Welcome to page two of two, featuring today’s items 10 to 1.
10. Chatbots: Roughly 25 percent of customer service operations will leverage chatbots and so-called virtual customer assistants by 2020, according to Gartner.
9. ITSM Software: ManageEngine is bringing a visual change workflow builder to the cloud version of its flagship IT service management (ITSM) software, ServiceDesk Plus. This change workflow builder includes a drag-and-drop interface with multiple stages, statuses, notifications and actions, such as approvals, all of which can be added as nodes across the life cycle of a workflow, the company asserts.
8. Outsourcing: Christian Brothers Services has outsourced its entire data center, network and data protection operations to U.S. Signal.
7. M&A – Potential Chip Deal: Qualcomm raised its offer to buy NXP Semiconductors to $127.50 per share today, and said it now has the backing of the shareholder group led by Elliott Management that opposed the previous proposal, Reuters says. Meanwhile, Broadcom is still trying to acquire Qualcomm.
6. M&A – IT Services: ConvergeOne is acquiring Arrow Electronics’ Systems Integration business, which specializes in unified communications, contact center, and voice and data technologies.
5. M&A – IT Consulting: CTG has acquired Paris-based Soft Company, a consulting and engineering firm with expertise in both business and information systems. The all-cash transaction is valued at $16.5 million, not including potential future earnout.
4. M&A: Schurz Communications, a media conglomerate, has acquired Online Tech, an IT services provider that specializes in HIPAA-audited cloud and data center services.
3. M&A – Xerox Update: Xerox in a letter to shareholders defended its pending M&A deal with Fujifilm — a day after activist investor Carl Icahn said he would vote against the merger, The Wall Street Journal notes.
2. PSA-RMM Integration: Harmony PSA now integrates with NinjaRMM. The connection allows MSPs to include all NinjaRMM notifications in Harmony’s Tickets view. The integration covers client account mapping, automatic asset discovery and automatic ticket open/close based on Ninja alert messages, the companies say. PS: Chatter about NinjaRMM attracting more investment money? We’ve heard it from time to time but nothing official has hit our inbox…
1. Unitrends for MSPs: As you may recall, James Lii and Mike Sanders since late 2017 have been driving a Unitrends push with MSPs. Yet another backup and disaster recovery provider in a crowded market? Actually, the story is different than that. And there are key signs of progress. Stay tuned.