5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 18 September 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
14. Concerns – Oracle Cloud Services: Oracle’s cloud business isn’t growing as quickly as Wall Street anticipated, and the company is dancing around questions about an executive’s leave of absence, CNBC and other reports note.
13. IBM Age Bias Lawsuit: Three former IBM workers filed a nationwide collective action against the multinational tech company in Manhattan federal court Monday alleging they were fired as part of a campaign to replace older employees with younger ones, Law360 reports. ChannelE2E has reached out to IBM for comment.
12. Google vs. Nutanix?: Google has denied a report that it plans to compete against Nutanix’s hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) software.
10. Partnership – IT Consulting & Big Data: Deloitte Consulting has inked a data platform alliance with MapR Technologies. The joint alliance focuses on Big Data Modernization, Cloud Analytics and IoT Distributed Analytics.
8. Talent – Multi-Cloud Cloud Management: Orange Business Services now employs 2,200 cloud experts, and the company plans to hire 300 employees in 2018 for a worldwide multi-cloud management push. The company’s cloud revenues rose 18 percent in the first half of 2018, and Orange is now extending beyond Azure to support AWS workloads as well.
7. Talent – Cloud Application Services: Contegix, a cloud application services provider, has hired John Emard as chief revenue officer (CRO).
5. RMM for MSPs Part One: Pulseway has launched Pulseway 6.0, a new version of its IT systems management platform for MSPs and mid-market enterprises. Known as Pulseway Scale, it’s designed to help partners remotely monitor and manage IT systems with thousands of endpoints from a smartphone or tablet, the company says.
4. RMM for MSPs Part Two: More than 2,000 MSPs have adopted NinjaRMM. That’s quite impressive considering the RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform is less than three years old. We’ll share more NinjaRMM details from the IT Glue GlueCon conference sometime this week…
3. IT Glue Product Strategy: IT Glue VP of Product Luis Giraldo is expected to share product updates and perhaps the company’s overall roadmap during GlueCon this morning in Phoenix. Stay tuned here for potential details.
2. M&A – IT Services: ICT managed services provider Trilogy Technologies Group has acquired cybersecurity and workspace virtualization firm Zinopy Security. We’ll share more thoughts soon.