5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 17 October 2017
Welcome to page two of two, featuring items 10 to 1 for today…
10. Distribution: Tech Data has agreed to distribute iDevices‘ Smart Home Technology products to retailers and solution providers. iDevices manufactures connected power, lighting and climate control solutions for homeowners, professional installers and builders.
9. Accounting Fine: The UK’s accounting watchdog has fined EY £1.8m for misconduct relating to its audit of Tech Data’s British unit in 2013, The Financial Times reported. Tech Data in 2013 uncovered what it called “improper” accounting and an “inadequate control environment” in its UK subsidiary, prompting the distributor to restate significant elements of the group’s accounting for years as far back as 2009, The Financial Times said.
8. Partner Program Part One: Quantum has launched a new Quantum NOW partner program for North America-based channel partners focused on storage. The company will provide details during a Quantum Elevate 2017 road show through at least November 2017.
6. Talent: Logicalis US, the large MSP, has hired Mike Houghton as chief sales officer, the MSP and IT service provider confirmed this week. Houghton previously held key roles at Tech Data and Avnet Technology Solutions.
5. MSP Optimization: BitTitan has bolstered its MSPComplete platform to help MSPs further address four key business areas. The focus areas include:
- Define and store standard business processes (SOPs), centralizing fragmented and inefficient script management.
- Capture employees’ intellectual property (IP) and best practices in a central location, enabling for continuous and efficient organizational updates.
- Provide reports on resource allocation and cost savings, identifying optimal opportunities for automation and operational improvements.
- Automate manual processes, eliminating technical errors and guaranteeing different people or teams can consistently deliver repeatable services every time.
Details emerged at BitTitan’s Elevate 17 conference this week in Denver, Colorado.
4. MSP Billing Software: Quatrro Business Support Services has launched a fully automated Billing Platform for Microsoft CSPs, AWS resellers, Google partners, VARs and MSPs. The system integrates with Microsoft Dynamics.
3. M&A Part One: Cleareon, a network service provider, has acquired “significant data center assets” in and around the New York City (NYC) metropolitan area, the company says. Cleareon plans to offer “hoteling space” and “front-haul” support for DAS, small cell and other wireless systems, as well as 5G-enabled applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT), big data transport and cloud access, the company says. Financial terms for the acquisitions were not disclosed.
2. M&A Part Two: KBR Inc. is acquiring Sigma Bravo Pty Ltd, a provider of high-end Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services for demanding customers like the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Financial terms were not disclosed. KBR employs over 34,000 people worldwide. The company focuses on government services, technology and consulting, engineering and construction.
1. M&A Part Three: Evolve IP, a combination MSP & CSP, has acquired Clearlogin, an identity authentication technology provider based in Mountainside, New Jersey. Founded in 2014, Clearlogin’s identity authentication suite provides enterprises with a highly-secure and compliant way to provision and monitor associate identities across more than 4,000 of the most common applications in the market, Evolve IP asserts.