5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 15 January 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
9. Cisco IoT Partner Push: Cisco Systems is calling on partners to dive deep into Internet of Things (IoT) opportunities. No doubt, the IoT market is growing rapidly. But the big challenge: Anything with an IP address can be considered an IoT opportunity, so partners need to focus, focus, focus their efforts on particular IoT niches.
8. Data Center Expansion: Stack Infrastructure, a data center company, is working closely with IPI Partners to expand its data center footprint…
7. Funding – Data Protection: Rubrik, a cloud data management company that’s disrupting traditional backup technologies, has raised $261 million Series E funding at a $3.3 billion valuation. The company has raised more than $553 million to date. The company has a 100 percent channel sales model
6. Retail Sales Automation: CompuCom, a subsidiary of Office Depot, has launched In-Store Selling Advisor, a solution for retailers that spans sales enablement and training, assisted selling, mobile devices, support and services – all at one fixed cost.
5. M&A – IBM: The technology giant apparently plans to acquire T-Systems’ mainframe consulting business for nearly $1 billion.
4. M&A – Azure Consulting: Hitachi Solutions America has acquired Capax Global, LLC, a provider of Microsoft Azure cloud services.
3. M&A – AppRiver: Zix has acquired AppRiver for $275 million. The deal creates a cybersecurity company with deep MSP partner expertise in the Microsoft Office 365 market. However, we’re checking to see how Zix will go to market. Roughly 60 percent of new Zix revenues were direct sales engagements ahead of the deal, while AppRiver works mostly through MSPs. Stay tuned for updates.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Participate in our survey here and your company could be honored among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.
1. How Much Is Your Business Worth?: Find out during our next ChannelE2E webcast…