Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
18. Net Neutrality Next Moves: The U.S. open Internet rules expired on Monday, handing sweeping new powers to Internet providers to block, throttle or offer paid “fast lanes” for web traffic, but a court battle remains ahead, Reuters notes.
17. IT Outages: Polish public agencies faced major IT system outages on Tuesday morning. As of press time the Polish government did not know the cause of the outage or the time required to correct it.
16. Big Data Cloud Services: AtScale has launched AtScale Cloud. The platform “simplifies the process of provisioning an end-to-end analytics environment on one cloud, multiple clouds or in hybrid mode (on-premises plus multi-clouds), the company claims. It’s available now on Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
15. CenturyLink-Google Cloud Connection:CenturyLink now supports Google Cloud Partner Interconnect, a service from Google Cloud that allows customers to connect to Google Cloud Platform from anywhere, the companies assert.
14. Application Upgrades: Sage Intacct, the cloud financial management software provider, has announced the general availability of new product updates, certification, and agreements that focus on privacy compliance for HIPAA and GDPR. These updates are now generally available as part of Sage Intacct 2018 Release 2, the company says. Also, the upgrades address specific business needs across healthcare, nonprofit, and financial services for mid-market and enterprise customers, Sage assert.
13. Talent: Broadvoice has hired Spectrum/Time Warner Cable veteran Vinit (“Vinnie”) Ahooja as vice president of operations, with a focus on scaling and optimizing the company’s customer success initiatives as it accelerates growth nationwide.
12. Docker – Application Monitoring:Scalyr, a log management platform provider, says customers such as DataFox, EatStreet, Foxpass, ObservePoint, Periscope Data, and Return Path use Scalyr to monitor their software and Docker environments.
11. Docker & Container Management:Sumo Logic has introduced new platform capabilities for monitoring Kubernetes and Docker, converting logs to metrics, and contextualizing metadata, the company says.