5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 12 December 2017
Welcome to page two of two. No Star Wars VIII spoilers here. But plenty of channel chatter to chew on.
10. AWS Goes to China: Amazon Web Services (AWS) has partnered with Ningxia Western Cloud Data Technology to begin rollout out AWS in China…
9. SD-WAN market Share: Confused about the SD-WAN market? Here’s a look at some of the market leaders, according to Network World.
8. Cisco Partner Locator Tool: Cisco Systems is beta testing an Ecosystem Partner Locator (EPL). The online directory “makes it fast and easy to find the ecosystem partners that meet your specific sales needs, providing searchable access by vertical, by Cisco architecture, and by region,” Cisco asserts.
7. CenturyLink: CenturyLink has signed a five-year contract with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide data networking products to the Commonwealth’s agencies, commissions, councils, bureaus, authorities and boards, the service provider says. CenturyLink is collaborating with Comcast Business to provide network services and last mile connectivity to end users. This builds upon a contact announced in September 2017.
6. Asigra Financial Perks for Partners: Cloud backup specialist Asigra has launched new financial incentives to support partners in growing their share of the cloud backup market. The company’s new Partner Acceleration Program enables end-customers to reduce their backup and recovery costs by 50 percent, and allows partners to select a preferred software licensing model to fit their business and encourage customer adoption, Asigra asserts. Partners can get details here.
5. Veeam CSP Partner: Umbrellar, which claims to be one of New Zealand’s largest web and cloud hosting providers, has launched Umbrellar CloudConnect. Powered by Veeam CloudConnect, Umbrellar’s approach involves offering an offsite, secure solution to protect customers desktops and devices, on-premise physical and virtual servers, or existing Veeam onsite Backup and Replication deployments, the company says. It’s part of a growing Veeam strategy to work with third-party CSPs rather than building a decided Veeam cloud.
4. Ingram Micro Guidance: How must partners evolve for 2018? Ingram Micro offers this guidance here…
3, M&A – MSPs: Vintek has acquired Regal IT, a managed services provider based in Sydney, Australia, according to ARN. Regal has partnerships with Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, Barracuda, Nutanix, CenturyLink, Arcserve and Shoretel, the report said.
2. M&A – MSPs: Allixo and Corban IT Services have merged under the Allixo brand. The combined IT service provider now has 22 professionals. We’ll share more details soon.
1. MSP Security Operations Centers: Should you build one or outsource to a third-party SOC? Attend our webcast this Thursday, December 14, to find the pros and cons of each approach.