5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 07 August 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, August 7, 2018.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
13. Momentum – Dell Revenue Forecast: Dell Technologies expects revenue to rise about 9.5 percent to $87.5 billion in fiscal 2019, and EBITDA to increase 18 percent to $9.7 billion during the period, according to a proxy statement filed Monday. The targets include potential upside from Dell’s VMware stake. Dell is sharing the estimates as part of a bid to buy back its tracking stock and return to public markets.
12. Momentum – Office Depot & CompuCom: Office Depot reported stronger-than-expected quarterly financial results this morning. Overall revenues rose 11 percent to $2.6 billion; service revenue grew to 16 percent of total sales; and CompuCom division sales were $277 million, up 3 percent vs. the prior year historical period. The overall revenues beat Wall Street’s expectations by about $50 million, according to SeekingAlpha. Eating Humble Pie?: ChannelE2E was initially skeptical when Office Depot acquired CompuCom for $1 billion in October 2017. But so far the deal appears to be performing well.
11. Arista vs. Cisco Lawsuit Settlement: On the eve of trial in Arista Networks antitrust suit against Cisco Systems in California federal court on Monday, the parties settled multiple disputes in a deal that sees Arista paying $400 million and Cisco dropping patent infringement allegations, Law360 reports.
10. Secondary Storage: Quest Software says QoreStor is now generally available. The new software-defined secondary storage platform features enterprise class compression and deduplication technology that is backup vendor agnostic, Quest says.
9. Partner Program – Fleet Tracking: SensLynx has unveiled a new GPS tracking business model for independent resellers. The program is designed to turn sales professionals and existing businesses into fleet/asset tracking entrepreneurs, SensLynx asserts. The new SensLynx GPS Management Accelerator Program (GMAP) requires no upfront investment or inventory warehousing,
8. Partner Program: Snapt, which develops application delivery controller (ADC) solutions, has enhanced its partner program.
7. MSPs for Microsoft Azure: New Signature is the latest partner to earn the new Microsoft Azure Expert MSP designation.
6. Vertical Market MSPs: Financial services MSP Eze Castle Integration has been nominated for “Best Hybrid or Private Cloud Service” and “Best IT Consultancy Service” in the HFM European Hedge Fund Technology Awards 2018.
5. Cloud Management Dashboard: Presidio, the midmarket IT solutions provider, has launched a cloud subscription management and analytics platform called Presidio Concierge. The dashboard provides customers with a simplified view of subscription capacity, status and consumption across multi-cloud services. We’ll share more details soon.
4. M&A – Microsoft Cloud Services: eHosting DataFort (eHDF) has acquired LiveRoute, a cloud solutions provider in the Middle East. eHDF gains various Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and SharePoint capabilities.
3. M&A – Asia IT Services: ICT service provider HGC has acquired a majority stake in GTMH, a a network service provider in Myanmar. HGC essentially becomes one of Hong Kong’s first telecommunication companies invest in the Myanmar market, the firms say. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. M&A – NexusTek Buys 3 MSPs: Breaking details are here. Plus, a look at how private equity is shaping the MSP M&A market.
1. Black Hat & MSP Security News: We’re tracking MSP and MSSP cybersecurity news at this week’s Black Hat conference in Las Vegas. Key moves include IT consulting firm Cask promoting ServiceNow Security Operations deployments. Related: Track all Black Hat conference news here, care of MSSP Alert.