5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 03 July 2019
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, July 3, 2018.
Actually, there are six timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
6. Dell, VMware Ownership Model Updates: Through a series of financial moves, Dell will become a publicly held company again. The technology giant also will continue to own 81 percent of VMware common stock. The official Dell announcement is here.
5. Alibaba Cloud Partner Program: Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of the Alibaba Group, has launched an EMEA Ecosystem Partner Program. Key participants include Intel, Accenture, Hashicorp, Ecritel, Altran, Micropole and Linkbynet.
4. Cash Flow Challenges?: HNA Group has cancelled a $280 million purchase of an Australian logistics business called Automotive Holdings. Why? Automotive claims HNA Group is having cash flow problems, ARN claims. HNA is Ingram Micro’s parent. For its partner, Ingram Micro has continued to perform well under HNA’s ownership, the distributor said in May.
2. ESOP Warning Signs: Associated Integrated Marketing is behind on its employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) payments to former employees, a situation the agency hopes to correct in time, according to Wichita Business Journal. Ironically, the marketing firm won an award as one of the nation’s top ESOP companies in 2012. The missed payments to employees offers a cautionary tale to employers and employees who are considering shift to an ESOP business ownership model. Here’s a closer look at all of our ESOP news, analysis and research.
1. M&A – ERP Partner: Konica Minolta has acquired MWA Intelligence, an SAP partner in the SMB imaging channel.