5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 02 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – Cloud Distribution: ScanSource has acquired intY, a cloud services distribution platform that partners with Microsoft, Acronis & Symantec. The deal counters such platforms as Ingram Micro Cloud and Pax8, among others.
2. Private Equity – Managed Print Services: Private equity firm Primary Capital Partners acquires ASL Group, an MSP focused on managed print services & unified communications in the United Kingdom.
3. M&A – Cloud ERP: Oracle has acquired Oxygen Systems, a NetSuite SuiteCloud Developer Network partner that provides localization solutions in Brazil.
4. Talent – ServiceNow Consulting: Mercer has named Lori Ridgeway as the IT consulting firm’s ServiceNow Practice Leader, based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Ridgeway reports to Julie Humphries, US & Canada Leader, Mercer Digital. Ridgeway previously was the National Practice Leader ServiceNow HRSD at Infocenter.
5. Reorganization – NTT: The global IT consulting and services firm has reorganized NTT Communications, Dimension Data & NTT Security into NTT Ltd., an $11 billion IT solutions provider with MSP & MSSP capabilities.
6. 5G Wireless Network Rollout: BT said on Tuesday that it would launch 5G services across its business customers in the autumn this year. BT’s 5G service will be available in the busiest parts of 16 British cities by the end of the year, Reuters reports.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Talent – Data Protection: Carbonite has hired Citrix veteran Craig Stilwell as chief revenue officer, and promoted Webroot veteran Charlie Tomeo to VP of channel sales for the entire data protection & cybersecurity company. Carbonite acquired Webroot for $618.5 million in March 2019. CEO Mohamad Ali has vowed to “do no harm” to Webroot’s MSP-centric partner strategy, while also finding ways to align data protection services with Webroot’s cybersecurity channel.
2. Data Protection – VMware Partner: TierPoint has announced general availability of its newest Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering, Cloud-to-Cloud Recovery with vCloud Availability. It’s a VMware-centric DRaaS service.
3. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].