5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 28 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 28, 2019.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
11. Accenture Financial Results: Accenture delivered stronger-than-expected financial results for its Q2 of fiscal 2019. Among the highlights: Revenue grew 5 percent to $10.5 billion, and net income was $1.14 billion, up from $919.5 million. Accenture has been acquiring cloud, security and digital consulting agencies worldwide.
10. Synnex Financial Results: Synnex revenues were $5.2 billion for its first quarter of fiscal 2019, up 16.8 percent from $4.5 billion in Q1 of fiscal 2018. Net income was $87.1 million, up 261.5 percent from $24.1 million in Q1 fiscal 2018. CEO Dennis Polk praised the overall business performance, while emphasizing the success of the Convergys acquisition. Still, the revenue figures were roughly $40 million below Wall Street’s expectations, SeekingAlpha estimates.
9. AWS Cloud Cost Management: ParkMyCloud, a provider of cloud cost optimization tools, has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Management Tools Competency status.
8. SMB Unified Communications: Mitel has launched the MiVoice Office Mobile Application, a cloud-based communications and collaboration solution for small businesses.
7. Partnership – SD-WANs: AVANT Communications has joined the Open Systems global channel partner program for SD-WAN solutions.
6. Federal Contract Wins: Unisys has won multiple U.S. Federal agencies valued at up to $252 million in total. The deals involve the U.S. Census Bureau, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
5. Funding – Field Service Management: FieldPulse, which develops a SaaS solution for contractors to manage and grow their businesses, raised $2.2 million in funding.
4. M&A – MSP: ASK4 has acquired IT managed services and support business Birchenallhowden (BHL) for an undisclosed sum.
2. ServiceNow for Small Business MSPs: Could this be a first step?
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.