5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 27 June 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, June 27, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSP: Secure-24, an NTT Communications company, has acquired Symmetry Holding, a U.S.-based provider of SAP managed services. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. M&A – Private Equity: Great Hill Partners has acquired EnterpriseDB, a Postgres database company that has more than 4,000 customers. Financial terms were not disclosed. EnterpriseDB has been growing over 40 percent year over year and has experienced 37 consecutive quarters of subscription growth, the companies say. Great Hill Partners is a private equity firm that also has extensive experience acquiring MSPs and CSPs.
3. Funding – Private Equity: Centercode, a provider of end-to-end Customer Validation software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, has closed on a growth equity investment led by private equity firm Argentum.
4. Accenture Financial Results: The consulting company’s Q3 2019 financial results included:
- revenue of $11.1 billion, up 4 percent from the third quarter last year.
- net income of $1.27 billion, compared with $1.06 billion for the third quarter last year.
The global consulting company has been acquiring cloud, security and digital transformation businesses as part of its growth strategy.
5. Application Performance Management: SolarWinds has integrated AppOptics, Loggly and Papertrail. The result blends application performance monitoring (APM) with cloud-hosted log monitoring and log analytics. IT professionals can leverage the integrations to “identify performance and availability issues before they affect users, pinpoint the root cause, and significantly reduce mean time to repair (MTTR), SolarWinds asserts. The offerings largely compete with such APM options as Cisco AppDynamics, NewRelic, DataDog and Dynatrace, among others.
6. Talent: Leaseweb, a global hosting provider, has hired Wilfried Dudink as managing director of Leaseweb CDN B.V.. Dudink will look to grow the CDN business by creating best-of-breed multi and hybrid CDN services and combining these with Leaseweb’s larger portfolio to provide customers with a complete solution, the company says.
7. Talent: Commvault has hired two public sector executives:
- Steven Picot is VP of Americas Public Sector, responsible for leading Commvault’s business in the public sector.
- Richard Breakiron is senior director of Strategic Initiatives.
Those new hires follow the appointments of Riccardo Di Blasio as CRO and Sandra Hamilton as VP of Customer Success. CEO Sanjay Mirchandani joined the data protection, backup and disaster recovery (BDR) company earlier this year, and has been shaking up the business’s leadership.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
- Migration and Management for AWS and VMware Cloud on AWS
- Security and Compliance Solutions for AWS and VMware Cloud on AWS
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (Horizon View) Migration and Management
- AWS Well-Architected Reviews
3. Cloud Partner Enablement: AppSmart and CloudRevenuePartners have inked a strategic partnership to enable cloud-focused technology solutions providers. The joint effort, called CRPexperience, features tools, training, content, technologies, and support to scale an MRR (monthly recurring revenue) cloud business based on the AppSmart marketplace of technology products and solutions, the two firms say.
4. Talent – Unified Communications: Reinvent Telecom has hired three VoIP engineers and a partner success specialist to support the company’s white-label reseller partner program for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Collaboration, Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) and SIP Trunking solutions. The company also has promoted two existing team members to new roles inside the growing wholesale organization. Key names to know include:
- Robert Pauls, VoIP Engineer III
- Kevin Stalker, VoIP Engineer II
- Jeff Cothrun, VoIP Engineer I
- Jessica Glass, Partner Success Specialist
- David Ansehl, Director, Wholesale Channel
- Julia Dengate, Sales Engineer
5. Apple Device Management and Business Intelligence: Addigy and Continuum’s BrightGauge now feature an integration. The connection provides Addigy customers with a business intelligence dashboard to more effectively run their IT and business services.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.