5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 24 October 2019
Here five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, October 24, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. ConnectWise IT Nation – 10 Potential MSP Market Disruptions: They’re listed here.
2. Help Desk Bots: LogMeIn has unveiled Bold360 Helpdesk. From standard FAQs to complex conversations and ticketing integrations, Bold360 Helpdesk enlists AI-powered chatbots to deliver the answers employees need so they can get back to work faster, LogMeIn claims. Alas, the company did not mention a channel or MSP strategy for the new offering…
3. Cloud Monitoring: Datadog is set to announce quarterly results on November 12, the cloud monitoring platform provider says. The results should provide new clues about cloud monitoring growth, and partner opportunities within the sector. Datadog launched a successful IPO earlier this year.
4. Talent – Salesforce Managed Services: ConsultNet’s CN Solutions Group, a Salesforce consulting partner, has hired Carolyn Adams as program director. Adams will oversee CNSG’s Managed Services team.
5. 5G Venture Capital: Qualcomm on Thursday said it has created a $200 million venture capital fund to invest in startup companies looking to use 5G technology in devices other than smartphones, Reuters reports.
6. Microsoft and Amazon Financial Results: Microsoft Azure ‘slowed’ to 59 percent year-over-year revenue growth in the company’s latest quarter, Microsoft disclosed yesterday. Amazon is scheduled to release financial results and Amazon Web Services (AWS) performance metrics after the markets close today.
7. HPE Forecast: HP Enterprise delivered a stronger-than-expected financial forecast yesterday, and reinforced the company’s push toward everything as a service by 2022.
8. Contact Centers: Intermedia has launched the Intermedia Contact Center, which is based on the recent Telax contact center as a service (CCaaS) acquisition. Intermedia Contact Center is available as both a standalone service as well as part of an integrated bundle with Intermedia Unite – an all-in-one business phone and communications solution.
9. Tech Training: Woz U, Steve Wozniak’s education-as-a-Service company for technology training, has launched a new Woz-U.com website.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. Partner Program: Network Critical, which produces network TAPs and packet brokers, has joined the Endace Fusion Partner Program. Endace is a provider of network recording, playback and analytics hosting.
3. Managed Services – HPE Aruba: ePlus has extended its managed services capabilities to include proactive monitoring and management of switching and wireless solutions from Aruba, an HP Enterprise company.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Vision 2019: The 20 Conference for MSPs (October 27-29, Dallas, Texas)
- NetApp Insight 2019 (October 28-30, Las Vegas)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 (October 30-November 1, Orlando, Florida)
- Kaseya Connect IT Europe 2019 (November 4-7, Amsterdam)
- Cisco Partner Summit (November 5-7, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].