5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 21 September 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 21, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
12. Smartphone Buyout: Google is paying $1.1 billion to acquire HTC’s Pixel smartphone division. The deal includes 2,000 HTC employees and hardware knowhow — but does not include manufacturing assets.
11. Symantec Not Buying Splunk: Symantec considered buying Splunk but halted the pursuit after reviewing the analytics software company’s finances, according to Bloomberg. Simply put, it sounds like Symantec believe’s Splunk’s valuation — at $9.65 billion, according to Yahoo Finance — was beyond Symantec’s appetite.
10. Managed Container Services: The Hitachi Enterprise Cloud now offers a growing list of managed services for various container use cases. Key partners include VMware and Mesophere.
9. Distribution Part One: Ingram Micro’s Promark Technology business has agree to distribute DriveScale, which specializes in Software Composable Infrastructure (SCI) for modern workloads. Hmmm… Anybody got a definition handy for SCI???
7. Cloud Services: Anexinet, a Philadelphia-based analytics, digital and cloud solutions provider, has launched a new Cloud Solutions Business Unit led by Excutive VP John Kolimago.
6. Talent Part One: TPx Communications, a national managed services carrier (formerly TelePacific), has hired channel veterans Michael Masini as channel director for the central region and Keith Tomlin as regional channel manager – Chicago. Masini previously held senior channel management positions at Nitel, Impact Telecom, Cbeyond and Windstream Communications. Tomlin has held channel management positions at Nextiva, Windstream Communications, Radvision and XO Communications.
5. Talent Part Two: Curvature, a provider of third-party maintenance and multi-vendor network and data center IT lifecycle services, has named Peter Weber as its new CEO. Weber takes the helm of the global organization after joining Curvature’s board of directors as executive chairman earlier this year.
3. Partner Program Part Two: Infomart Data Centers, a national wholesale data center provider, has launched a partner program. Infomart VP of Technology, Sandy Thielamay, is executive sponsor for the partner initiative.
2. Florida Disaster Recovery Loans: Amid the Hurricane Irma cleanup efforts, The Florida SBDC Network has made its first Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan of $25,000 to a St. Augustine restaurant. Governor Rick Scott activated the loan program earlier this month.
1. Next Stop: ChannelE2E is set to attend Continuum Navigate 2017 in October. We expect plenty of security operations center (SOC) news for MSPs at the gathering. Want to potentially meet at the conference? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.