5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 20 June 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
15. Oracle Cloud: Oracle projected profit in the current quarter that fell short of Wall Street’s estimates, signaling it still may be struggling to pivot to the cloud, Bloomberg notes. Some Wall Street pundits also questioned Oracle’s decision to stop disclosing specific revenues for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
14. M&A – Software Testing: Tricentis and QASymphony are merging, the software testing companies confirmed this morning. QASymphony’s 100+ employees will be joining Tricentis’ 450+ employees. Sandeep Johri will lead the organization as CEO and Dave Keil will assume the role of COO. The deal is expected to close within 90 days. Financial terms were not disclosed.
13. R&D – Intelligent Edge: HP Enterprise plans to invest $4 billion in Intelligent Edge technologies and services over the next four years. Existing products in the portfolio include wireless LAN, campus switching, security, location-based services, edge computing, and analytics and assurance technologies, HPE says. The organic investment will “helping customers turn all of their data – from every edge to any cloud – into intelligence that drives seamless interactions between people and things, delivers personalized user experiences, and employs AI and machine learning to continuously adapt to changes in real time,” HPE asserts.
12. SD-WANs: Aruba, an HPE company, has unveiled a Software-Defined Branch (SD-Branch) solution — which is designed to help customers “modernize branch networks for evolving cloud, IoT and mobility requirements,” the company says.
11. SD-WAN Market Share: Aryaka claims to be the largest pure play SD-WAN provider, and is now within 1 percent of surpassing VMware for overall leadership in terms of market share and revenues, according to IHS Markit. Aryaka also is 6 percent ahead of Cisco (post-Viptela acquisition) in the SD-WAN space.
10. VoIP Services: BVoIP, which provides voice and unified communications services to MSPs, is partnering with Datto Networking — including the Datto Networking Appliance (DNA), Datto Standard & PoE Switches, and Datto Access Points as approved devices.
9. AWS Partner: Delphix has achieved Advanced Technology Partner (ATP) status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN). Delphix helps customers to deliver fast, secure data across the enterprise, the company says.
8. AWS Managed Services: The market for AWS Managed Services is expected to reach US$1,8 billion by 2026, generating a 13.9 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2018 to 2026, according to Transparency Market Research.
7. Cloud Managed Services: AXIS Guardian has launched a new remote monitoring service for security service providers, alarm central stations and their dealers.
6. Business Continuity: Acronis Data Cloud has unveiled new integrations for ConnectWise. Also, Charles Ryan, chairman and CEO of United Financial Group (UFG) Asset Management and a senior advisor to Deutsche Bank AG, has joined the Acronis board of directors.
5. MSP Marketing Services: Mindmatrix, a channel and sales enablement software provider, is launching four new marketing concierge service packages for Datto partners.
4. Enterprise MSP: IT and cloud consulting form AHEAD has launched an Enterprise Monitoring and Analytics practice. The effort focuses initially on Application Performance Management and the Cisco AppDynamics product line, but will quickly expand into measuring and optimizing all facets of enterprise cloud performance, the company says. Joe Wrzosek will oversee the new practice. We’ll share more details soon.
3. DattoCon18: Our ongoing updates continue to surface here.
2. Innovations: MySlice has won a Tech Tank startup contest at the ConnectWise Automation Nation conference in Orlando. MySlice has developed a “proof of concept” designed to automate the calculation and reporting of bonuses and commissions. MySlice will receive a first-place cash award of up to $100,000 to transform its idea into a working integration with ConnectWise Manage.
1. ConnectWise Automation Nation: We’re on hand today for ConnectWise Automation Nation 2018 in Orlando. Stay tuned for updates here — including forthcoming interviews with Chief Product Officer Craig Fulton, CEO Arnie Bellini and technology industry executives.