5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 20 December 2018
by Joe Panettieri • Dec 20, 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, December 20, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. Accenture Financial Results: Accenture revenues were $10.6 billion in the IT consulting company’s Q1 of fiscal 2019, up 7 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Net income was $1.29 billion, up from $1.19 million in the corresponding quarter last year. The company has been acquiring cloud, digital agency and security-oriented consulting firms worldwide. The results generally exceeded Wall Street’s expectations, according to SeekingAlpha.
9. White Box Server Market Share: More than 30 percent of the server market now involves white box servers, according to a Dell’Oro Group report. Major cloud service providers — including Alibaba, Amazon, Facebook, Google and Microsoft — have been driving the trend.
8. Talent – Commvault: The data protection provider has named Carmen Sorice head of worldwide partner success. It’s the latest in a long list of partner-related Commvault executive moves this year. The company is also seeking a new CEO. We’ll share more details about Sorice’s role soon.
7. Gender Pay Parity: McAfee will achieve gender pay parity globally in early 2019, the security company says. Also, McAfee CEO Chris Young has joined CEO Action, the largest coalition of CEOs and presidents who are pledging to act on supporting a more inclusive workplace.
6. SMB Financing: OnDeck Capital will enter the U.S. equipment finance market next in 2019, offering small businesses loans ranging between $5,000 and $100,000.
5. Office 365 and Help Desks: Here are the Top 10 Office 365 Support Tickets for 2018, according to MessageOps.
4. Kaseeya-IT Glue Reaction: So, Kaseya confirmed it acquired IT Glue. How is the market reacting? Passportal CEO Colin Knox offers this perspective in an open letter to the MSP ecosystem.
3. M&A – Data Centers: Vantage Data Centers has acquired 4Degrees Colocation of Canada for $200 million.
2. Asset Sale – Windstream: The company has sold selected fiber assets to Arvig for $49.5 million. This is Windstream’s latest step to strengthen its balance sheet and focus on its core network offerings.
1. How Much Is Your Business Worth?: Find out during our next ChannelE2E webcast…
- Top 100 Lists: Including Public Cloud MSPs; Vertical Market MSPs; and IT Service Provider Acquisitions
- Technology Conference Calendar for VARs, MSPs and CSPs
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter